New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Maurice Clark

July 28, 2009 12:57 AM Forum: Meteorites & Meteors

New stuff...Wiluna

Posted By Maurice Clark

Hi Paul,

Do you have any history behind this meteorite and its name? I just wonder as I once lived close to a town of that name.

Thanks

Maurice

July 28, 2009 01:12 AM Forum: Politics

Jews call Obama a racist

Posted By Maurice Clark

So Colonel,

Does this mean that you are totally in favour of the Jews stealing land from the Palestinians in contravention of international law and that you are opposed to anyone prepared to speak out against it? Further, does your post also mean that you fully support someone who calls anyone who does not agree with their agenda "racist"?

Maurice

August 18, 2009 04:52 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

NGC300

Posted By Maurice Clark

Beautiful image of a sadly neglected galaxy Greg.

Cheers,

Maurice

September 18, 2009 03:42 PM Forum: ASTRONOMY

Tuesday Night at Cherry Springs State Park

Posted By Maurice Clark

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the report. One question though..... is there a website where you can get predictions for the jovian satellite mutual events? I remember observing several of these back in the early 70's and they were very enjoyable.

Cheers,

Maurice

October 25, 2009 12:37 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

1 CERES ROTATION MOVIE W/SURFACE FEATURES

Posted By Maurice Clark

Great effort Jason. Thanks for posting it.

Maurice

November 13, 2009 02:20 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Dusty LBN 534

Posted By Maurice Clark

Very nice image Jim. Ever thought of posting your processing techniques?

Cheers,

Maurice

December 1, 2009 03:07 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Dusty Cluster - NGC 225

Posted By Maurice Clark

Beautiful image Jim. I especially like the colour balance in your stars. Something I always struggle with. sad

Cheers,

Maurice

December 6, 2009 11:01 PM Forum: Religion

Who Was Jesus? (peace be upon him)

Posted By Maurice Clark

Hi Refet,

I am sorry but I cannot see how there can be a bridge between Christianity and islam when it comes to Jesus. Islam believes Jesus was a prophet, as a Christian I believe that Jesus was God. The two cannot be harmonised.

Cheers,

Maurice

January 6, 2010 01:15 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

How many are planning to move & where to?

Posted By Maurice Clark

Hi Jim,

I just finished a move to Texas from DC for a new job. (What a fun Christmas/New Year...... packing and unpacking.... driving a truck towing my car for 4 days..... cwy ) Although the skies are not fantastic in the town, the uni observatory is only 15 minutes away and from the one visit I have had there so far, the skies are not too bad. Looks like a LM of around 6.7. First time I have seen the Milky Way from the northern hemisphere!!!!

I will be retiring in about 4 to 5 years. Once I do, it will be back to Aussie for me. I miss the southern skies too much! 8) Also all this snow and ice stuff....... yuck! Besides... it is not Christmas unless it is over 100F! Who ever heard of snow at Christmas! grin Free health care and a government pension are also good incentives!

The family treasurer and I have been looking at properties in rural West Aust where I can build an observatory. Good half-acra land can be found for as little as A$30,000 and houses for as little as A$100,000. Will probably get one shortly before I retire. The plan is to live rural and rent out our house in the city until health issues start to take their toll, then move back to the city house.

Cheers,

Maurice

January 20, 2010 01:25 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Canon lens suggestions wanted

Posted By Maurice Clark

Hi all,

Thanks for all the suggestions and helpful information. I did not realise that it was relatively easy to get an adaptor to fit film lenses to a digital camera. I do have an olympus 135mm lens, so will chase down one of the adaptors and see how that goes.

Thanks again

Maurice