New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Maurice Clark

February 19, 2016 03:12 PM Forum: Politics

OK, local Democrats

Posted By Maurice Clark

Hi Jim,

Although I do not fit you criteria, (not a US citizen, not a democrat, never once in my life voted liberal) I will make a comment. I very rarely post here any more largely because of the constant ranting by a certain right-wing extremest. The constant tirade of abuse and name-calling makes this forum very nauseating.

I will add one more thing..... I see that Cruz has been busted over his latest ad against Rubio. Caught red-handed being dishonest by that extreme left-wing publication wink the National Review.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/431545/self-inflicted-wound-cruz-campaign

May 4, 2016 02:34 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Realm of Galaxies

Posted By Maurice Clark

Hi Roland,

Another beautiful image. I am especially interested in the way you manage to show so much faint detail without burning out the galaxy cores. Would you care to share your image processing techniques?

Cheers,

Maurice

May 9, 2016 09:02 PM Forum: After Dark

MERCURY TRANSIT

Posted By Maurice Clark

Nice photos. Thanks for sharing.

Was very windy here but still had quite a lot of students stopping by to look. Many were amazed that they could take a photo using their phones.

June 27, 2016 01:48 AM Forum: Politics

BREXIT

Posted By Maurice Clark

Hi All,

I fail to understand why so many people are surprised at the vote. As someone who grew up in England, I know that people of my generation and my parent's generation were overwhelmingly against continental Europe. It is only the younger generation who have grown up with the idea of the EU that are more likely to favour being part of the EU.

It is likewise not surprising that Scotland voted to stay in the EU. The Scots have for centuries sided with the continent against England and have always resented English rule over Scotland! I see this in my own family with many of my relatives being Scottish!

Difficult to say what the consequences of the vote will be, but personally I think the markets are overreacting. I do however, fully expect another referendum on Scottish independence, and that could have greater ramifications for the English economy!

Cheers,

Maurice

October 13, 2016 05:25 AM Forum: Politics

Now thats funny right there I dont care who ya are!!

Posted By Maurice Clark

For an Aussie perspective.........

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-13/clarke-and-dawe:-the-presidential-race-is/7929574

grin grin grin

Maurice

April 14, 2018 04:15 AM Forum: Politics

Forum history

Posted By Maurice Clark

Originally Posted by jimmoscheck
I also miss the threaded view showing all of the new posts since last time you logged in. Seems like the new site remembers the last post you read and takes you to any new posts the next time you are logged in -  similar to Cloudy Nights.

My feelings too Jim. I am not too keen on this new format. The old Threaded view seemed easier to navigate.

Cheers,

May 12, 2018 06:23 AM Forum: Politics

Attention Richard Davis

Posted By Maurice Clark

Too true Jim.

Sorry to see you go, but I can understand your reasons. They are the reason I rarely post here now. Those guys should take a lesson from Jim Brown. I don't always agree with everything he says, but he makes his points in a well structured and reasoned way and without abuse. 

Cheers,

Maurice

May 13, 2018 04:45 AM Forum: Politics

Attention Richard Davis

Posted By Maurice Clark

Originally Posted by Richard Davis

LOL!  

Now that is truly Funny Maurice.  You ought to look in the mirror.  What you'll see staring back is a guy who is so impressed with himself that he makes Narcissus look like a piker. 

You've always been a smarmy smartass, who aside from being educated in physics, probably would have to consult a Home improvement manual to figure out how to screw in a light bulb.  

I've seen you insult more people, with your arrogant way than Don Rickles could in a 3 hour concert, so for you to chime in is truly the epitome of hutzpah!  Ha, ha!  smile

Thank you richie for proving my point about you being incapable of posting without insulting people.

May 14, 2018 09:43 PM Forum: N.A.S.A.

NASA to send helicopter to Mars!

Posted By Maurice Clark

This is really interesting. The Mars 2020 rover is to carry a hitchhiker to Mars... a helicopter! This technology development mission will be fully autonomous and be used to scout ahead of the rover.

Details here:- 

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/mars-helicopter-to-fly-on-nasa-s-next-red-planet-rover-mission

If it all works as well as expected, the pictures provided should be cool.

Video here:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOMQOqKRWjU

Cheers

May 28, 2018 02:48 AM Forum: N.A.S.A.

RIP Al Bean

Posted By Maurice Clark

Alan Bean, the 4th man to walk on the Moon and commander of the second Skylab mission has died aged 86.

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/family-release-regarding-the-passing-of-apollo-skylab-astronaut-alan-bean

Only 4 of the Men who walked on the Moon are left alive now.

R.I.P. Al.