Image of the day

From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

Cocoon jeweled by Milky Way

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Poll

2020 President - NO COMMENTS (take to Politics Forum)

Results
Previous Polls

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Maurice Clark

October 29, 2018 03:00 PM Forum: Politics

Trump lies again-this time about 9-11 and Wall Street. Has he no shame?

Posted By Maurice Clark

Hi James,

Don't forget the incident in Jeffersontown Kentucky, where a white man tried to enter a black church, and when he couldn't get in he then shot 2 black people at a grocery store while ignoring a white person. The hate is getting more and more open. :-(

Here is an interesting perspective on all that is happening from the BBC. Its heading is "Pugilist or Peacemaker: The choice facing Donald Trump."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46012626

Cheers,

Maurice

October 29, 2018 03:17 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Maurice Clark

Originally Posted by Richard Davis

LOL!  

You leftists are all the same. Complete idiots one and all.  

And the hate is getting more and more open.  You, James, Gerald, and the rest of the leftist loons out there spout it every day.  

Just a clue for you, the Baseball field shooter who nearly killed Steve Scalise was a Rabid Democrat who supported Bernie Sanders.  

I guess Bernie Sanders incited him, right?  
 Thank you Richie for beautifully illustrating my point.

October 29, 2018 03:19 PM Forum: Politics

On a lighter note

Posted By Maurice Clark

Hi All,

On a lighter note, the winners of the Royal Observatory Greenwich's annual photography competition have been announced. Some really amazing astrophotos!

https://www.bbc.com/news/in-pictures-45978380

Enjoy.

Maurice

October 29, 2018 09:36 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Maurice Clark

Hi All,

Here is another look at the US election, this time from the ABC.

"Party identities are the clearest they have been in modern American politics — the Republicans swinging to the right, the Democrats to the left, locked in a bitter war with each other.

Caught in the middle, American voters will front the ballot box on November 6 in a different way to usual."

Full story:- https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-29/us-mid-term-election-like-no-other/10441298

Cheers,

Maurice

October 31, 2018 11:12 PM Forum: Politics

Is Cruz gonna lose?

Posted By Maurice Clark

Latest poll I see is by Dixie Strategies. They have Cruz up by 10 points. Average of the last few have him up by 8. While turnout is important, it is hard to see him losing. Even Tennessee is closer.

Probably more interesting are Nevada, Missouri, and Indiana. Those 3, along with Florida and Arizona will determine control of the senate. According to the polls I have seen, republicans have very slight leads in the first 3 and democrats slight leads in the latter 2. However, the leads are well within the margin of error so who knows what the results will be!

Maurice

October 31, 2018 11:17 PM Forum: Politics

Trump Russia: Bungled plot emerges to smear Robert Mueller

Posted By Maurice Clark

Very strange report on the BBC news.

"A fake spy company, faked LinkedIn profiles, a conspiracy theorist and a pro-Trump blogger are all embroiled in the latest, and strangest, story in Washington DC."

"The plan unravelled across US media on Tuesday, one day after Jacob Wohl, a 20-year-old conservative blogger, tweeted on Monday night that a "scandalous" story about Mr Mueller was about to break."

Full story here:- https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46042179

Reading the story, it sounds like this guy is a bit of a nut case.

Maurice

November 2, 2018 02:09 PM Forum: Politics

Money talks

Posted By Maurice Clark

"Money talks"? 

Yes it does. Unfortunately the only thing mine ever says is "Goodbye". :-(

November 6, 2018 03:27 PM Forum: Politics

Today, Tomorrow and the next day...

Posted By Maurice Clark

Today,  some people will vote...

Tomorrow,   Some much spin (from both sides) it will make the NASA centrifuge look like a children's playground ride...

The next day,  Campaigning begins for the 2020 election... cwy

November 6, 2018 07:38 PM Forum: Politics

Today, Tomorrow and the next day...

Posted By Maurice Clark

Originally Posted by James Brown

Hi Maurice:

Too true!  My guess is that the D's hold a thin 5-10 seat majority in the house after today, but the R's hold the Senate and pick up one or two seats.  I see that you are in Alabama now...   Didn't you retire to a dark-sky site in western Australia a few years back?

Jim
G'Day Jim,

Yes i did. But unfortunate circumstances forced me to return to work. So now I am working at a university without an observatory, under skies that almost always seem to be cloudy, while my telescope gear sits at a beautiful dark location back in WA! sad

Hopefully only a couple more years and I can retire again!

Cheers,

Maurice

November 26, 2018 10:31 PM Forum: N.A.S.A.

Insight Lands Successfully!

Posted By Maurice Clark

The latest NASA
Mars mission, Insight, has successfully landed on Mars.