Posts Made By: Gary Barber

May 4, 2002 05:58 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

LX90 eyepiece suggestions

Posted By Gary Barber

I have just bought a used LX90 with no eyepieces, though I have recently added the Meade Series 4000 26mm. I am wanting to put a good package of about 5 eyepieces preferably in the 2" range but am open to 1.25" Any suggestions? I don't think budget wise I am open to the Naglers as those seem to be the preferences of all, but I am open to anything else in the intermediate range. I am mainly after good clean crisp viewing of all things celestial. What about a barlow as well? Thanks a million.

July 9, 2002 12:19 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

A good deal or a mistake?

Posted By Gary Barber

Binoculars.com has a 2" Celestron Axiom 34mm listed for $147.00 bucks. Now I'm no fool as I am positive they are selling elsewhere for about $75.00 more than this. Anybody had any dealings with them and has anyone purchased one and received it yet. Just curious Gary B

March 18, 2006 11:58 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Google Mars anomaly

Posted By Gary Barber

Doing a scan with Google Mars I came across this, I was viewing in infrared and found this weird out of the ordinary item. You can vaguely read "100 miles" directly below the image. The item of concern is the white cylindrical object.

http://www.google.com/mars/#lat=-8.600031&lon=-75.418395&zoom=10&map=infrared

Any ideas? Gary

December 21, 2006 08:12 PM Forum: Solar System Observing

Has the moon changed?

Posted By Gary Barber

Silly question but it got asked of me one night while looking at it ... I am just a casual observer so I couldn't really answer ..

The full question is ... Does the moon look any different than it did say 100 years ago or even further back as far as large crater impacts that can be seen through the telescope?

I realize that the moon is being bombarded constantly, (I think) but are there any prominent surface changes?

February 13, 2007 06:49 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

History of Astromart

Posted By Gary Barber

Was wondering when Astromart first went live? I have been a member of varying degrees since 2001 when a fellow I was talking scopes with suggested I visit. How many members came onboard that first year? And who other than ownership has been registered the longest? Just curious ...

March 21, 2007 03:52 PM Forum: Religion

Religion

Posted By Gary Barber

Please stick to the topics of Religion.

June 22, 2007 07:23 PM Forum: Politics

Hillary and Boxer conspiring to reign in talk radio?

Posted By Gary Barber

Senator Inhofe says he has overheard conversation from both that implies that ...

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/2042.html

July 21, 2007 03:05 AM Forum: Politics

New Moderator

Posted By Gary Barber

Welcome Patrick Keafer to the moderators chair. I am stepping aside as I have been called to duty over across the way where it's really really hot, both in the political realm and temperature wise.

Whether your a Democrat, Independent or Republican, all I would ask of you good folks is to please remember our troops. Whether you feel it's right or wrong, we have been asked to go do our job and it makes it so much easier to know that we are supported in doing that. It's an honor to serve and I just ask that you not forget that most of us feel that way.

Be good to Patrick, whichever way he leans, I am certain he will practice fairness!

All my best to each of you!

June 5, 2008 10:18 PM Forum: Religion

Hot new rumor from EG, Mary was a man!

Posted By Gary Barber

No substance provided, just convictions and opinion was formed after some deep, deep thought as to why the Bible never mentioned that she wasn't!

June 6, 2008 08:24 PM Forum: Politics

The difference

Posted By Gary Barber

Probably outdated but thought it made it's point.