Posts Made By: Johann Glansdorp

February 2, 2006 03:51 PM Forum: Refractors

Skywatcher 100 ED Triplet

Posted By Johann Glansdorp

Has anyone used one of these scopes. Would appreciate your opinions of this scope if you have.

Clear skies

February 22, 2006 03:41 PM Forum: Refractors

New APO scopes from China

Skywatcher is selling two new APO scopes. A 4" and a 5". They are fairly expensive for a Chinese scope. Are these true APO scopes?

February 23, 2006 02:29 PM Forum: Refractors

Using 2 meade ar6 refractors to make a binocular

Any suggestions on how to do this?

May 23, 2006 05:14 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Meade LX200R OTA

Does anyone have one of these OTA's. I would like to purchase one (12") but want to be assured of how good the optics are.

Thanks

September 21, 2006 02:52 PM Forum: Astro-Physics

Older AP 6" F8 triplet

Have one of these older pre-starfire triplets. Wondering how many of you have had a chance to view through one and what your opinions are of this fine scope.
Thanks

September 26, 2006 06:46 PM Forum: After Dark

UFO's

OK. Lets find out how many of us who are looking at the sky a few times a week or more have ever seen a UFO????????????????????????
So far in my 40 years of looking up;
ZERO times.

September 27, 2006 12:11 PM Forum: After Dark

Is this the right place for UFOs

Maybe this is not the place to discuss UFOs, but it sure seams to have sparked some interest :-) So for those of you who think this is the wrong place for this I apologize. And for those who seem to be enjoying this keep on smiling :-)

September 28, 2006 07:24 PM Forum: After Dark

The most enjoyable item to view after dark

For me it has been the planets from my light polluted skies in the Washington DC suburbs. Right now they are hard to see from my valley location. Most of the items I can view have to be fairly high in the sky before I can even see them. Lately I have been getting into taking pictures with my Nikon DLSR. Just wondering on which objects the rest of you have had any success from light polluted skies.

September 29, 2006 10:45 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

anybody know what this is

I think it is for tracking missiles.

November 3, 2006 03:37 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Is it me or my equipment

I keep reading the review section of people having the same scopes as I have had and reading descriptions of viewing through that scope that I never had with any of those scopes. The only time I had truly fantastic views were with truly fantastic expensive optics. How is it I read about people with SCT's and other inexpensive scopes and all these wonderful experiences they have had with their scopes. Are they just good writers, lucky with the scope they have that is one out of a thousand with good optics or is it a miraculous night of seeing with a inexpensive scope?