New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Maurice Clark

January 8, 2021 12:09 AM Forum: Politics

Okay, now the Capital is under siege.

Posted By Maurice Clark

Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck
BTW, where is Greg, Darrian, and Steven? Maybe we’ll get a first hand account of the events today?  🤔
Hi Jim,

Funny you should ask that.  I saw this image posted on another politics forum I occasionally visit.

Maybe St. dodgeball, finger and cry-baby really were there and posted a selfie!! tongue

Maurice

January 14, 2021 08:24 AM Forum: Politics

Trump told Pence he could be a 'patriot' or 'p----'

Posted By Maurice Clark

Originally Posted by James Lacey

Does this mean that Trump is going to grab Mike by the Pencey?
LOL! nice pun!

January 14, 2021 08:26 AM Forum: Politics

Now Liz Cheney is on board for impeachment.

Posted By Maurice Clark

Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman
Trump: 1 The only president in history to be impeached twice. 2 The only president in history to have the most bipartisan support for impeachment with 10 Republicans voting for impeachment in this case. 
trump always did want to go down in history. But maybe not quite this way!! ermm

January 16, 2021 07:22 AM Forum: Politics

Corporate donors flee Republican Party following Capitol Hill riot

Posted By Maurice Clark

From the ABC.  It looks like there could be a lot more fallout for certain republicans.  Big donors are hitting them where it hurts... their pockets!

"Disney has had enough.

So has Coca-Cola, Walmart, Hallmark, Amazon, Airbnb and Mastercard.

After last week's violent insurrection on Capitol Hill in Washington DC, which left five people dead, dozens of the world's biggest corporations are pulling their political donations from America's Republicans."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-16/us-political-donations-dry-up-after-capitol-insurrection/13062376

Maurice

January 16, 2021 07:33 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

One small step in the fight against light pollution

Posted By Maurice Clark

I tried to get this started more than 20 years ago, but few were interested. Now 2 of my former students leading the fight have succeeded.

"New push to cut light pollution and keep the skies dark in WA.

But in a move welcomed by stargazers, the West Australian Government has signalled it plans to treat its night sky as an asset and protect it from excessive lighting."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-16/wa-housing-developments-may-be-forced-to-adopt-light-policy/13061130

Maurice

January 21, 2021 08:21 AM Forum: Politics

Today

Posted By Maurice Clark

Hi Jim,

I know the culture is a little different, but when you look at how effective Australia has been in stopping the virus, you would certainly think that things could have been better managed in the US. Australia has had very tight lockdowns and border controls. The government has very tight restriction on who can enter the country. Not even citizens can travel back unless they have been vetted and approved as hardship cases. Even then, only a limited number are allowed in each week and those that are allowed in still must do 14 days quarantine at their own expense.

Even between states was severely restricted.  For example, my home state of Western Australia very quickly closed its borders to other states. As a result there has been very little of the virus in WA. I was talking to my sister last week and she was full of praise for this, saying they are living an almost normal life as a result.

The was a report a couple of weeks back by an ABC reporter who managed to fly from Australia to the US. He was astounded at the difference in attitude by Americans. I will try and find it again, but it might be too far back now.

Cheers,

Maurice

January 23, 2021 05:29 AM Forum: Politics

Lets add a little truth to the fiction here...... lol

Posted By Maurice Clark

Hi Russ,

Maybe he can relate to this one!

Maurice

February 2, 2021 08:13 AM Forum: Politics

They Can't Leave Fast Enough...

Posted By Maurice Clark

It's not just the rank and file!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-02/dozens-of-former-bush-officials-leave-republican-party/13110996

February 4, 2021 05:35 AM Forum: Politics

Politics Forum Explained.

Posted By Maurice Clark

Originally Posted by Steven Moore

Rod just have a nice supper of a hamburger sandwich it will make you feel better for a change!!
So you are back to posting selfies again stevie

February 5, 2021 08:26 AM Forum: Politics

Politics Forum Explained.

Posted By Maurice Clark

I don't blame you guys from dropping out for a while. That I why I rarely post and never read dodgeball's posts.