New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Maurice Clark

January 21, 2024 11:53 PM Forum: Politics

Now I'm Worried

Posted By Maurice Clark

Hey bubby richie.

Dodged the questions again I see. Typical! And I see you are still so ignorant to think that racism is based on skin colour.

I repeat my question since you were obviously having difficulty reading it earlier. Are you simply a blatant bare-faced liar or are you simply ignorant and incompetent? Or both?

January 22, 2024 03:24 PM Forum: Politics

Now I'm Worried

Posted By Maurice Clark

As usual, baby dodgeball ignores any questions and is so ignorant as to assume that racism only applies to skin colour.  He also cries to mummy when someone dares treat him is like manner to the way he treats others. What a pathetic little winger and crybaby.

January 22, 2024 07:48 PM Forum: Politics

Now I'm Worried

Posted By Maurice Clark

Once again baby richie shows his ignorance by claiming that racism is based only on skin colour and refuses to answer any questions posed to him.

What a pathetic little loser he is.

January 23, 2024 02:17 PM Forum: Politics

Now I'm Worried

Posted By Maurice Clark

Once again little baby richie cannot answer simple questions. And continues to post lies and attempts at slander while complaining if he gets hit back with the same as he dishes out. What an utter hypocritical coward.

Go back to grovelling in your playpen richie, like you always do when you are shown to be a fool.

So pathetic

January 23, 2024 06:47 PM Forum: Politics

Now I'm Worried

Posted By Maurice Clark

I would agree with that Jim. 

What really gets me is that he thinks that racism is only about skin colour. Quite frankly, the only country I have lived in where I have experienced more racism is Malaysia.  There, if you are not Malay and muslim, you are actively discriminated against. For example, my wife, you is a Chinese-Malaysian and a Malaysian citizen, cannot go with me to Israel. If she did and returned to Malaysia, at best, she would only be jailed.

I have found that in the US, if you are not American, you are discriminated against. When shopping, when traveling, by other faculty and students and more. All this is being stoked by the former guy and the current version of the republican party. Baby dodgeball does not understand that. Very sad really. America could be so great and offer so much to the world. You have a great county and are capable of so much good. While Biden might not be a great President, I pity your country if the former guy gets elected again.

Maurice

January 24, 2024 09:35 PM Forum: Politics

Predictions for November

Posted By Maurice Clark

Hi Everyone,

Now that it seems pretty certain that your election will be Biden vs Trump, who is game enough to make predictions for the elections and why?

I will go first.

Assuming nothing major happens (eg Trump or Biden having a major health event) I give the Republicans and 80/20 chance of taking the senate and the Democrats a 65/35 chance of taking the House.

The senate map is a disaster for the Democrats. They are defending several marginal seats while for the Republicans there is very little chance for any of their seats being lost.

For the house, it is so finely balanced that anything could happen. It will depend on turnout and which party has been most effective is gerrymandering the districts. (Why is that allowed???)

For the Presidency, I give Biden a 70/30 chance of being re-elected. The unknowns here are voter enthusiasm. How motivated are Trump's supporters, how many moderate Republicans will be willing to vote for Trump when there is no alternative but Biden, how motivated are the Democrat voters, and how effective are the Democrats are making abortion a major issue. Of course, the state of the economy will also be a major factor. Finally, how effective will Trump be in delaying his trials.

What do you think?

Maurice

January 25, 2024 07:56 PM Forum: Politics

Predictions for November

Posted By Maurice Clark

Hi James,

Interesting reply. I agree it might have been better for the Democrats if someone other than Biden was running, but I feel it is too late to switch now.

At least this will be the last of Trump/Biden whomever wins in November.

Any thoughts on who could be running for 2028 in either party? Could be an "intersting" time.

Maurice

January 26, 2024 09:25 PM Forum: Politics

Predictions for November

Posted By Maurice Clark

Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman

Seeing the same thing as you, Jim.
And me.

January 28, 2024 09:03 PM Forum: Politics

LOL! No matter how the leftist media attempts to twist the polling, it appears that at the moment, Trump is leading Biden by 6 percentage points.

Posted By Maurice Clark

Hi Jim,

Hope you had a good time with the family. I would like to echo the responses of the others and say that no apologies are necessary. As has been said, we all know what davis is like.

Apart from him, I like to think that I could be friends with everyone here. Even though we might disagree with each other sometimes, for the most part conversations without davis are respectful and interesting. As far as I am concerned, I hope to have my observatory set up in Oz by early next year and any of you are welcome to come for a visit to explore the southern sky from a seriously dark site. And I do mean DARK. When I was there last July, the naked eye limiting magnitude for these 70+ year old eyes averaged 7.3 and peaked at 7.7!

Cheers,

Maurice

February 2, 2024 03:37 PM Forum: Politics

Interesting Quinnipiac Poll

Posted By Maurice Clark

Hi Rod,

The poll is interesting, but may not mean much for 2 reasons.

1. The election is not for several months. Things can change a lot in that time.

2. The popular vote is not what will determine the election. Rather it will be who wins a handful of marginal states, for example, North Carolina, Michigan, Wisconsin, Arizona, etc.

By the way, did anyone notice that Biden announced an executive order that will impose sanctions on Israelis accused of making violent attacks against Palestinians in the West Bank. The Israeli government and Benjamin Netanyahu in particular, are apparently really pissed off about it. Not surprising given Bibi's ultra-nationalistic anti-Arab politics.

Cheers,

Maurice