New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Maurice Clark

February 7, 2024 03:05 PM Forum: Politics

February 19, 2024 01:08 AM Forum: Politics

"Trumpworld Takes Aim At Republicans Who Supported Ukraine Aid Push"

Posted By Maurice Clark

Came across this cartoon today. Sums up the attitude of the trumptiods perfectly.

February 19, 2024 04:56 PM Forum: Politics

The Lunatic Fani Willis yesterday became representative of every Leftist Democrat on the Forum here as well as the resident RINO. She was a complete train wreck, WOW!

Posted By Maurice Clark

Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck
I guess if Richard doesn’t read or respond to a post it didn’t happen, huh?

He's probably to busy worshiping his new shoes!

February 20, 2024 02:26 PM Forum: Politics

Historians Rank Biden as the 14th-best president...Trump Ranked Last

Posted By Maurice Clark

Hi Rod,

Looking at that page, the American Political Science Association clearly skews Democratic.  In the top 15, every president in the past 100 years apart from Eisenhower is a Democrat.

However, there are still some interesting points that can be gained from exploring the data. For example, among Republican members of the APSA, Joe Biden is ranked at 30th and Trump 41st. Looking at members who consider themselves conservative, Biden is 30th and Trump 43rd. It is clear none of them like Trump!

Cheers,

Maurice

February 22, 2024 09:16 PM Forum: Politics

February 26, 2024 02:53 PM Forum: Politics

Former Australian Prime Minister on Trump

Posted By Maurice Clark

Donald Trump is a "terrifying" threat to democratic order thanks to his "creepy" embrace of autocrats like Vladimir Putin, according to former prime minister Malcolm Turnbull.

In a stark warning over the prospect of Mr Trump returning to the White House, Mr Turnbull told the ABC's Q+A that Mr Trump and parts of the Republican Party are "sympathetic" to the Russian president and "no longer committed to democracy as we understand it".

"Are we going to find ourselves not dealing just with two autocracies in Russia and China, but what is Trump's America going to look like?" Mr Turnbull asked.

Mr Turnbull served as prime minister for part of Mr Trump's first term in office and says he observed his "awe" for Putin.

"When you see Trump with Putin, as I have on a few occasions, he's like the 12-year-old boy who goes to high school and meets the captain of the football team. My hero!

"It is really creepy … the creepiness was palpable," he said.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-02-27/malcolm-turnbull-on-donald-trump-and-vladimir-putin/103505294

March 8, 2024 08:06 PM Forum: Politics

What adjectives can one use to describe the train wreck that was the State of the Union address, given by the dumbest President ever to sit in the oval office?

Posted By Maurice Clark

Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck
Oh, and how about that republican response with Katie Britt? Sitting in her kitchen and supported by her husband Wesley and children Bennet and Ridgeway. Alabama sure has a couple of senators, don't they.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/08/katie-britt-sotu-reaction

"Charlie Kirk, founder of the far-right Turning Point USA youth group, said: “I’m sure Katie Britt is a sweet mom and person, but this speech is not what we need. Joe Biden just declared war on the American right and Katie Britt is talking like she’s hosting a cooking show, whispering about how Democrats ‘dont get it’.”

"Among satirical responses, Tom Nichols, an anti-Trump conservative columnist, spoke for many when he said: “There is no way that this Katie Britt address does not end up as part of the Saturday Night Live cold open.”

Elsewhere, the gonzo filmmaker Tom Arnold said: “Katie Britt is so bad she couldn’t be in one of my movies.”

Julia Ioffe, Washington correspondent for Puck News, said: “Imagine you’re sleeping over at a friend’s house and you get up in the middle of the night to pee and you hear a weird sound so you follow it to the kitchen, where your friend’s mom is drunk, crying, and rambling about the national debt. Those are the vibes from Katie Britt right now.”

Andrew Weissmann, MSNBC legal analyst and former federal prosecutor, wrote: "I don't think Katie Britt is going to get the lead in the school play this year."
 Hi Jim,

It seems pretty clear that richie was watching Britt and thinking it was Biden.

March 14, 2024 09:09 PM Forum: Politics

What are your eclipse plans?

Posted By Maurice Clark

Hi Dave,

That sojourn in Texas sounds great. hope you get plenty of clear skies.

Although totality actually passes over where I am currently living, the weather prospects are not great. I am looking at being one of those heading down Texas way, but will wait for the weekend before making a final decision. It just depends on where the clear skies will be.

Cheers,

Maurice

March 15, 2024 02:03 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Maurice Clark

Originally Posted by David Cotterell

I'll be 94 years young at that time.  If I can get someone to wheel me there I'm in!

Dave
Hi Dave,

Same age as me! Maybe we can do wheelchair races! cool

If you want some earlier total eclipses, there are several across Australia before 2040. If you want an excuse to head "down under" I can help you with some really dark skies.

Cheers,

Maurice

March 15, 2024 05:13 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Maurice Clark

Originally Posted by Brian McFarland

Very bad idea. He brings a big black cloud with him everywhere he goes.
LOL!!!