Posts Made By: Wayne Yaskew

April 14, 2020 03:16 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Eyepiece & accessories storage solutions?

Posted By Wayne Yaskew

I have a small collection of eyepieces but they are larger (2 Baader Morpheus in 1.25", and 2" Panoptic 41mm & 21mm Ethos) Also one 1.25" Celestron that came with my 925 that gets little love. I also have a few filters and other tiny knick-knacks. while I like the Televue soft sider cases they are pricey. There has to be a great low-cost solution utilizing a camera bag? There are some amazing bags / cases on Amazon for the $40 mark. 

Anyone here found that awesome low-dough storage solution?

Please share if so.

Regards,

Wayne

April 14, 2020 03:27 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Scope storage?... They don't make Ziplocs that big!

Posted By Wayne Yaskew

Hello,

I'm fairly new to this site but an old hat at backyard observation. After 20 years away from the hobby I bought a clean used CPC 925. I am lucky to have a big backyard and dark skies. The scope is cumbersome and I would like to leave it on my heated motorcycle shop / cigar lounge on the property. Its only yards from where I will do most of my viewing. 

I love my cigars and have a buddy or two over weekly to partake, watch a game (OK that was pre-Covid) and have a whiskey. I'd like to simply leave the CPC on the stand and in the shop but would like to somehow "Bag" it or cover it to avoid it being exposed to the smoke. The shop has a decent ventilation system but there is always some smoke in the air and cigar smoke leaves that awful yellow nicotine residue. I'm guessing a simple oversized garbage bag will do the trick but has anyone got a suggestion. And quitting cigars is not an option. LOL! Eyepieces of course go to the house. 

Anyone?

Wayne in Winnipeg  

April 14, 2020 04:35 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

April 14, 2020 05:42 AM Forum: Eyepieces

What to buy next?

Posted By Wayne Yaskew

I have a 2" diagonal on my CPC 925. I have 2 Baader Morpheus eyepieces (12.5 & 17 both with 1.25 barrel) I have one low-end ocular that came with the scope (40mm Plossl) I own 1 Televue; (Panoptic 41mm) and I want to add one more good eyepiece in the $500-$600 maximum range. I see Ethos 21mm going used in the neighborhood. I of course want to go 2" 

What is the one eyepiece I should own (my preference being deep sky objects) and I am not into photography of any type.

Suggestions?

W

April 16, 2020 11:28 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Duplicate. Please delete

Posted By Wayne Yaskew

Duplicate. Please delete

Duplicate. Please delete

Posted By Wayne Yaskew

Duplicate. Please delete

Duplicate. Please delete