My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Douglas Westcott

May 4, 2002 11:59 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Meade 10" F10 eyepiece recommendations

Posted By Douglas Westcott

Any recommendations for my new 10" LX200GPS UHTC for eyepieces? I am just moving up from a 4.5 inch reflector, so the eyepieces I have are not appropriate. I am most interested in deep space objects, but occasionally view planets. I am been considering a 22MM Panoptic, a 13MM Nagler, and a 9MM Nagler. Any advice you can give will be appreciated.

Doug W

July 31, 2002 12:29 PM Forum: Meade

Meade August Sale

Mike Fowler of OPT just posted this over on th Yahoo LX200GPS bulletin Board:

For the Month of August ONLY, Meade will be selling the following
scopes for these promotional prices.

8" LX90 $1495 + $95 p&S
8" LX200GPS $1995 + 105 p&s
10" LX200GPS $2495 + $145 p&s
7" LX200GPS $2495 + 125p&s

AND $650.00 in Super Plossl eyepieces available for any scope
purchaser of an ETX90EC to a 14" LX200GPS (the electronic scopes) for
only $99.00. (This is Available ONLY FROM MEADE, meaning you send
them your money and receipt)

August 30, 2002 02:02 PM Forum: Home Observatories

Permanent Piers-Where can I buy

Does anyone have suggestions as to where I can buy a permanent pier for an LX200GPS?

Thanks,
Doug Westcott

September 29, 2002 07:37 PM Forum: Deep Sky Observing

Daytime Alignment

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to align my LX200GPS during daylight hours? My daughter's school wants to look at Saturn and Jupiter during school hours. I don't look foward to setting up at 4:30am to do this. Are there any filters that will help? Or anything else I can do to make finding the planets easier?

Thanks,
Doug

June 6, 2004 09:39 AM Forum: Coronado-Lunt-DayStar Solar Filters

Re: Imaging Question

Aren't the Nikons 995 CMY cameras that convert to RGB when you save? My 5700 does this.

Doug W

May 6, 2002 05:14 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Meade 10" F10 eyepiece recommendations

OK, after reading your comments and doing some obersevations last night, you have convinced me that I need somethbing in the 31-40MM range. Since these use 2 inch diagonals, do you have any recommnedations. I know that Televue and a few other make high quality diagonals for $275-350. How much better are these than Meade's new UHTC diagonals at $99?

Doug W

August 30, 2002 01:34 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Tasco goto, spare us!

Looks a lot like the Nexstar 114GT I started out with earlier this year. Yes it does do GOTO functions, but the slightest little thing threw it out. The tripod is weak and very easy to move by the slightest bump or kick. Even teh act of focusing would throw it out of alignment. Even with this I could find and see M81, M82, and lots of other things in the sky, enough to wet my appitite and make be buy a real scope, 10inch LX200GPS.

Yes, it will frustrate the new owner, but it may lead to new owners of adequate scopes. My Nexstar 114GT is available.

Doug Westcott

September 12, 2002 07:20 PM Forum: Home Observatories

portable observatory

Here are Jim's pictures that I reduced in size so they will post here on AstroMart.

Doug Westcott

Picture 1:

September 12, 2002 07:21 PM Forum: Home Observatories

portable observatory

Here are Jim's pictures that I reduced in size so they will post here on AstroMart.

Doug Westcott

Picture 2:

September 12, 2002 07:29 PM Forum: Home Observatories

portable observatory

Doug Westcott

Picture 3: