My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Jack Day

August 2, 2011 11:37 AM Forum: Telescope Making

Student Telescope Making at TMSP

Posted By Jack Day

Nick & Jake with a previous years scope painted and ready for another great night of observing @ Table Mountain Star Party!

September 26, 2011 02:28 PM Forum: Politics

Something Smells in Philadelphia

Posted By Jack Day

I read somewhere that there may have been a problem with the teleprompter. Though that may have just been a convenient excuse...

December 6, 2011 03:04 PM Forum: Politics

Next time just put a bow on it...

Posted By Jack Day

This would be better: "According to a senior U.S. military source with intimate knowledge of the Sentinel drone, the aircraft likely "wandered" into Iranian air space after losing contact with its handlers and is presumed to be COMPLETELY FREEKIN' DESTROYED since it is programmed to SELF DESTRUCT & EXPLODE and CRASH AT THE HIGHEST POSSIBLE SPEED INTO THE GROUND, rather than BEING CAPTURED BY OUR ENEMIES."

GRRR! >sad

December 15, 2011 07:41 AM Forum: Politics

Yeah, right...

Posted By Jack Day

To be fair...

Obama's and the Democrats supported what was more of a health insurance reform, this is different from a health care reform.

I would agree that we need both.

Also it is possible to be in favor of reforms in health care / insurance but not to be in favor a particular plan. The democrats did not like all of the GOP's ideas, and the GOP did not like Obama's... All of us know we could have projected that before anyone ever read them... Remember that's why we had to pass the Obama version, so we could find out what's in it... 8O

December 19, 2011 08:25 AM Forum: Politics

Korea

Posted By Jack Day

Let's just hope things take a turn for the better. I am not counting on it though...

June 29, 2012 03:09 PM Forum: Camping and Outdoors

Outer Space Camping Tent

Posted By Jack Day

$789.99 (save 24%) On Sale for $599.99

In stock!

$600.00 on sale! 8O 8O 8O

I think I'll pass.

July 6, 2012 04:06 PM Forum: Telescope Making

TMSP Student Telescope Making Program 2012

Posted By Jack Day

Now working on a 6" tube for a 5" scope. My son Zach (watching)also helped with the painting and table saw work that day.

July 6, 2012 04:06 PM Forum: Telescope Making

TMSP Student Telescope Making Program 2012

Posted By Jack Day

While they worked on the tubes, I was painting mirror cells for the 8" scopes, and getting ready to start cutting laminate for the mounts.... Here are the painted cells for this years 8" scopes, not very pretty yet. They will be finished up tonight and ready to mount mirrors on tomorrow!