August 25, 2009 04:28 PM Forum: Politics

So where are you going to go?

Posted By Jack Day

Once everyone has guarenteed healthcare that is:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/08/25/harris.primary.care.doctor/index.html

So doing the math from the article:

By 2020 we will be short 39,000 physicians

Each physician sees roughly 3,600 different people

14,000,000 people will have insurance, but no one to care for them.

Where will they go? The ER of course. Yeah that will save lots of $$$

Yep, the docs are getting rich of the backs of the people just like Patrick thought, and making sure everyone has health insurance will fix this problem. I mean, why fix the system and the over charging for services? Lets all just let our insurance pay the over inflated costs, and not worry about it.

Better yet using Rod K's model you pay a premium based on lifestyle.

Too fat: Pay higher premium / taxes
Ride a Motorcycle: Pay higher premium / taxes
Play sports: Pay higher premium / taxes
Female: Pay higher premium / taxes
Smoker: Pay higher premium / taxes

And I am sure you can add many more to this list...

September 16, 2009 03:30 PM Forum: Politics

Is it just me....?

Posted By Jack Day

So now it is official: Oppose Obama's ideas and you are a racist.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/09/15/carter.obama/index.html

"I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man, that he's African American," Carter said. "I live in the South, and I've seen the South come a long way and I've seen the rest of the country that shared the South's attitude toward minority groups at that time ... and I think it's bubbled up to the surface, because of a belief among many white people, not just in the South but around the country, that African-Americans are not qualified to lead this great country."

Wow, I guess I am a racist then... I just never knew.

The real problem here is that racism is bad, and sould be dealt with accordingly. But just like the story of the boy who cried wolf, if this continues I fear the result will be the same...

September 24, 2009 04:30 PM Forum: Politics

Where's the beef?

Posted By Jack Day

So El Presidente (BHO) has been in office now for 8 Months. He has made more speeches in this period than any other president. His party controls the House, the Senate and the Whitehouse, all with a super majority. And has accomplished absolutely NOTHING.

What is the deal?

There are so many issues out there that this administration could and should be working on. BHO has the votes, if only he would govern a little closer to the center. It is pretty bad when his proposals are too far left for some in his own party!

Honestly, did any of you, the day after the election, think that Obama would have this much trouble getting legislation passed? The Democrats controlled the House and Senate for two years prior to BHO's election. What exactly were they doing for those two years? Nothing! Complaining about Bush and Cheney.... Figuring out ways to punish and humiliate the previous administration, instead of looking to the future and dealing with more important issues.

Ok, yes, the economy is/was bad, but with less than ten percent of the stimulus money having been spent I am not so sure that the stimulus money, Bush's or Obama's is the critical factor, if even a major factor at all in the perceived recovery.

We are now losing in Afghanistan. But Obama said that was the right place to be? Obama promised to quit pandering to the Pakistani’s and send in troops and finally bring Osama Bin a Hiding to justice. Now Osama is sending out video's about Obama as a failure. Nice. Yep, Obama certainly has certainly put the fear of Allah into those terrorist types.

Bush was in bed with the Saudi’s, I am not seeing any real change there either.
The "evil" oil companies were gouging us on gas prices. But alas as nirvana is now here with BHO’s reign, there are no worries!

Where is the change? So far it just looks like business as usual...

October 12, 2009 02:35 AM Forum: Politics

New Moderator Wanted

Posted By Jack Day

Well,

I have heard, and had, enough of this crap. I have tried to be fair, and not heavy handed. Apparently just too few people on this forum are capable of being respectful to one another. Since I keep reading posts about how this forum could either be run better, or should just go away, it is evident that I am not doing a good enough job. So who ever thinks they would like to be the new sheriff please step up. I will let Herb know and be happy to step aside.

If no one is willing to step up and baby sit this group, then I will continue for now. But, if you are not willing to step up to the plate, then you can keep your comments about the moderation to your self.

Thank you,

Your Crappy Moderator.

October 21, 2009 08:59 PM Forum: Politics

Village idiots

Posted By Jack Day

I think everyone would agree that every village has a 'Village Idiot'. What I would like to know is;what were the odds that we would all end up on this forum?

!!!!SARCASM ALERT!!!!

The above post does not represent the opinions of Astromart, Astromart Staff, or any Moderator (Including me) on this site.

October 26, 2009 06:34 PM Forum: Politics

We don’t need ‘Healthcare Reform’

Posted By Jack Day

Healthcare Reform: What a stupid name for this issue. After all, it is the access to healthcare, not the care itself we are trying to address. We are still arguing about the wrong things:

“50 Million Uninsured” people. What a crock!

Even worse is the new number (in recent discussion) of: 50,000 dead due to not having medical insurance.

COMPLETE B.S. !!!

Well sort of... Those numbers may be true. And yet perhaps unnecessary!

Why is everyone so afraid to address the real problem? It is not the lack of health insurance that keeps people out of the system, it is the COST. Cost’s which are over inflated and completely out of control!

The worst example of the current liberal (and perhaps conservative) thought process is preventative care. Preventative care is cheap relatively speaking. (Compared to other health care services.) I suspect that even at todays inflated rates, if a person were to pay cash for services, the typical cost for annual ‘preventative care’ per person under age 40 would be under $500. Over age 40 there are additional tests that are needed every couple of years. So add an additional $250 / year. Certainly averaged out I would guess it should be far less than $1000 / year.

(I believe that there is going to be some work done on cost control in the currently proposed legislation. That is good! If we could reduce costs by even 20% on the preventative / basic care model that would be a step in the right direction.)

Next is personal responsibility. ‘Who’ can’t afford basic care? The better question is ‘Why’ can’t 50 million people afford preventative / basic care? I would guess that more often than not these folks could afford the care; they just chose to spend their money on other things. Of course reducing the cost will also help with this. And some people simply cannot due to disability etc, and of course those people are the ones that we as a society should help.

As to health insurance for things beyond basic / preventative care; that is another issue.

Motto: “You don’t need insurance if you can afford to pay cash!”

October 31, 2009 04:54 PM Forum: Politics

This is NOT the religion forum. PERIOD.

Posted By Jack Day

It's bad enough having to moderate Politics. OK. :C

If in my opinion a post crosses the line it will be deleted. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Thank you.

November 17, 2009 05:04 PM Forum: Politics

Makes you think...

Posted By Jack Day

You have two families: "Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal". Both families
have two parents, two children, and live in California .

Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and makes
$25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.

Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number,
and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".

Ready? Now pay attention...

Joe Legal: $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $ 1000.00 per week, or $52,000.00
per year. Now take 30% away for state and federal tax; Joe Legal now has
$31,231.00.

Jose Illegal: $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week, or
$31,200.00 per year. Jose Illegal pays no taxes. Jose Illegal now has
$31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for
his family at $600.00 per month, or $7,200.00 per year. Joe Legal now
has $24,031.00.

Jose Illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the state and
local clinics at a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has
$31,200.00.

Joe Legal makes too much money and is not eligible for food stamps or
welfare. Joe Legal pays $500.00 per month for food, or $6,000.00 per
year. Joe Legal now has $18,031.00.

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps
and welfare. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays rent of $1,200.00 per month, or $14,400.00 per year. Joe
Legal now has $9,631.00.

Jose Illegal receives a $500.00 per month federal rent subsidy. Jose
Illegal pays $500.00 per month, or $6,000.00 per year. Jose Illegal
still has $ 31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays $200.00 per month, or $2,400.00 for insurance. Joe Legal
now has $7,231.00.

Jose Illegal says, "We don't need no stinkin' insurance!" and still has
$31,200.00.

Joe Legal has to make his $7,231.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, etc.

Jose Illegal has to make his $31,200.00 stretch to pay utilities,
gasoline, and what he sends out of the country every month.

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after
work.

Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same school. Joe
Legal pays for his children's lunches while Jose Illegal's children get
a government sponsored lunch. Jose Illegal's children have an after
school ESL program. Joe Legal's children go home.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same police and fire services,
but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay.

Do you get it, now?

If you vote for or support any politician that supports illegal aliens...

You are part of the problem!

December 8, 2009 09:44 PM Forum: Politics

This is not the Global Warming Forum!

Posted By Jack Day

Please, Let's keep this forum on topic.

There is an entire forum dedicated to the discussion of Global Warming.

Perhaps if more of us would follow the lead of the Boy Scouts of America we would all benefit:

The BSA Outdoor Code

As an American, I will do my best to -

BE CLEAN IN MY OUTDOOR MANNERS.
I will treat the outdoors as a heritage.
I will take care of it for myself and others.
I will keep my trash and garbage out of lakes, steams, fields, woods, and roadways.

BE CAREFUL WITH FIRE
I will prevent wildfire.
I will build my fires only where they are appropriate.
When I have finished using a fire,
I will make sure it is cold out.
I will leave a clean fire ring, or
remove all evidence of my fire.

BE CONSIDERATE IN THE OUTDOORS.
I will treat public and private property with respect.
I will use low-impact methods of hiking and camping.

BE CONSERVATION-MINDED.
I will learn how to practice good conservation of soil, water, forests, minerals, grasslands, wildlife, and energy.
I will urge others to do the same.

December 31, 2009 06:21 PM Forum: Politics

NWA flight 253 I'm Just MAD!!!

Posted By Jack Day

I do not understand why ANYONE would want to defend anything about the way the events unfolded in this failed terror act.

As I see it those people on that flight are damned lucky to be alive. PERIOD.

If that bomb had not failed, this would be a completely different story. It would have taken a while to figure out what happened, but once we did heads would have been rolling. It would have been the end of Obama's credibility.

In that respect Obama, and those under him that have responsibility in this area, are also very lucky.

What should have happened to the failed bomber? They should have beat the bastard to death right then and there, descended down to about 5,000 feet, depressurized the plane and thrown his dead body off the plane.

I don't think you get to be a martyr if your intended victims beat you to death, no virgins for him!

:C :C :C