Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Jake Jacobson

February 3, 2004 10:25 AM Forum: Religion

Cheny off the hook again....

Posted By Jake Jacobson

Another fine example of our unbiased lead justice:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/12/15/politics/main588582.shtml

Cheney and Scalia are hunting buddies. No, that won't influence Scalia's decisions on Cheney's upcoming energy hearings, not at all.

Nice to have friends in high places, huh?

February 3, 2004 03:39 PM Forum: Religion

In Leiu of Glenn Holzer....

Posted By Jake Jacobson

ALL DEMOCRATS ARE MILITARY-HATING, PANSY, LIBERAL COMMIES RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERYTHING WRONG WITH THE WORLD TODAY!

(I haven't seen a post from Glenn H. in almost FIVE MINUTES (!) - so I thought I would help spread his all-american message, in case any of you missed it.)

:-)

February 12, 2004 12:50 AM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

Iris and Tulip

Posted By Jake Jacobson

Testing out my new Tamron 70-300mm Macro..
(reduced 25%)

February 12, 2004 01:29 PM Forum: Religion

Re: Wondering the same thing myself..

Posted By Jake Jacobson

Why does it always seem to come down to a "lesser of two evils" vote?

That's why I voted Green last election. Might be doing the same again.

February 13, 2004 09:51 AM Forum: Religion

Colin Powell's thoughts on military service...

Posted By Jake Jacobson

Quote from Colin Powell in his autobiography, "My American Journey."

"I am angry that so many sons of the powerful and well placed and many professional athletes (who were probably healthier than any of us) managed to wrangle slots in Reserve and National Guard units. Of the many tragedies of Vietnam, this raw class discrimination strikes me as the most damaging to the ideal that all Americans are created equal and owe equal allegiance to our country."

Sound like this applies to someone we know?

February 15, 2004 09:39 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Jupiter

Posted By Jake Jacobson

Extremely poor seeing conditions, but I decided to give it a go anyways. Not my best effort, but I am amazed it even turned out this good.

February 18, 2004 05:36 PM Forum: Religion

Gay Marriage???

Posted By Jake Jacobson

Obvious controversy going on right now in San Francisco.

Legalities aside, I wonder why this is so controversial an issue. Why do so many people feel that this is so threatening? If two men want to get married, why does anyone care?

Thoughts????

February 18, 2004 05:37 PM Forum: Religion

March 10, 2004 02:37 PM Forum: Politics

Bush's economics at work...

Posted By Jake Jacobson

BUSH'S ECONOMIC RECORD:

* Spent the surplus provided by the Clinton Administration and bankrupted the treasury.

* Shattered record for biggest annual deficit in the history of the world.

* Set economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month period.

* Set all-time record for biggest drop in the history of the stock market.

* In first two years in office, more than two million Americans lost their jobs. Cut unemployment benefits for more out-of-work Americans than any president in U.S. history.

* Set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period.

* Presided over the highest gasoline prices in U.S. history and refused to use the national reserves as past presidents have.

* Presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud of any market in any country in the history of the world.

* Cut healthcare benefits for war veterans.

* Set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any president in U.S. history.

* Entered office with the strongest economy in U.S. history and in less than two years turned every single economic category heading straight down.

March 11, 2004 04:04 PM Forum: Politics

I'm so glad....

Posted By Jake Jacobson

I'm so glad that Glenn Holzer and Tom Baty endlessly post their wacko rants on this forum. Together they have most likely soured more folks against Bush than I could ever hope to do.

Thanks guys!!