My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Robert Lujan

October 31, 2020 10:08 AM Forum: Binoviewers

Denkmeier ll with TV Genesis non sdf question

Posted By Robert Lujan

Hey hey, I recently acquired a Denkmeier ll Binoviwer with the power x slide. It seems to work really well with my lx200 8” as is and seems to get into focus. But, When I go to use it with my TV Genesis 100mm f5 non sdf refractor, it doesn’t focus. My question is, what would I need to make this work with my Genesis refractor? I know there is some sort of OCS system but I’m not sure what it is and what it does. What does this do and will this work for me? And if anyone knows what all the OCS pieces do.  Or do I need a tube extension? Looking for any help, I am new to binoviewers. Also, when out of focus on a planet my donut is a little football shaped and the black inner dot is really toward one edge versus in the middle. Does that mean my bino is out of collimation? It’s not like that with just a mono lens. Although it does get into good focus despite the odd donut. But seems like that’s probably not right overall.  Love what I am seeing so far but a little help would be appreciated to make sure I am optimizing my viewing with my bino. Thank in advance!

January 6, 2021 05:27 PM Forum: Mounts

10" LX90 Declination knob on a fork mount fix

Posted By Robert Lujan

Hi I recently acquired a 10" LX90 on a fork mount. I said DEC knob in title but meant the AZ knob. My issue is when I tighten the AZ knob really tight the OTA can still move if bumped. It holds but not super tight. Is this a common issue? I added the Peterson EZ clutch and it helped a little but not enough. I previously owned an 8" LX200 and when you tighten that knob it is completely locked into place properly. I just ordered the balance weight kit because I am concerned that when I start using heavy accessories the OTA will move. But even bumping it can knock the scope a little out of align and I don't want to have to re- align every time I accidentally move it. Does anyone have a good fix for this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

January 6, 2021 07:27 PM Forum: Mounts

10" LX90 Declination knob on a fork mount fix

Posted By Robert Lujan

This issue seems to be ok now. I locked the OTA on the vertical position and moved it up and heard a click. And now when ever I go to tighten the knob the OTA actually locks in place. Not sure what changed but it seems to be working.