Posts Made By: John Patterson

February 15, 2021 09:19 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Posting question-

Posted By John Patterson

I have a lot of very good astronomy equipment.  I’m 80 years old with health conditions and would like to reduce my equipment inventory and have created a list to sell.  I note I am not allowed to use a phone number or email address in any ad I place on Astromart.  How do I post an ad for my list and leave an email address for people to contact me?

February 15, 2021 09:19 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Posting question-

Posted By John Patterson

I have a lot of very good astronomy equipment.  I’m 80 years old with health conditions and would like to reduce my equipment inventory and have created a list to sell.  I note I am not allowed to use a phone number or email address in any ad I place on Astromart.  How do I post an ad for my list and leave an email address for people to contact me?

February 15, 2021 09:20 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Posting question-

Posted By John Patterson

February 15, 2021 09:20 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Posting question-

Posted By John Patterson

February 17, 2021 10:42 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

A possible recommendation

Posted By John Patterson

I have a lifetime’s collection of astronomy gear and wanted to sell it on Astromart.  I thought it easier to publish a list of available stuff and have interested people contact me....Wrong.
There must have been 75 responses so far, and hardly any serious.  I understand people just being curious and interested, but it took me hours to respond to all the requests. It turns out to be not the most efficient way to do it.

I am going to advertise individual items in specific Astromart categories.  Perhaps this will better interest people in search of a particular item rather than broad brush the entire hobby.  That’s my recommendation.

On the lighter (better) side I did end up having several email conversations with several of the responders.  They were interesting, fun and an indication of the wonderful people within our hobby. So while I recommend a different approach to selling, I don’t regret my first effort.