Posts Made By: Chris Nardone

December 13, 2003 11:46 PM Forum: Wildlife Photography

New Macro lens

Posted By Chris Nardone

I just bought a new lens. It's a Quantaray made by Tamron 70-300 f/4-5.6 macro. I would never have bought it if I hadn't got to try it. I only have Canon lenses three of which are L series. I have been looking for a macro lens for some time now. I was bored in the mall so I walked into Ritz and tried this lens. Anyway I was very suprised by its quality. It focuses very quickly and quietly. It has a 1:2 macro capability from the range of 180-300mm. It has a good working distance. I took a few shots in my back yard and I am very pleased with the sharpness. This lens can be found for $150 on the internet. Just in case anyone else is looking for a decent macro lens at a low price.

December 14, 2003 05:22 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Re: Mockingbird

Posted By Chris Nardone

He's got the thousand yard stare going. Nice sky. Did you use a polarizing filter.

December 19, 2003 02:53 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Pelicans

Posted By Chris Nardone

Nothing spectacular, I just haven't seen anything exciting in a while.

December 24, 2003 12:40 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Bausch & Lomb Elite 80MM Zoom

Posted By Chris Nardone

Anyone know about: Bausch & Lomb Elite 80MM Zoom. I know it's no Zeiss, but it is ED, waterproof, and cheap at six bills plus change.

January 19, 2004 03:36 AM Forum: Celestron

Nexstar 5i OTA as a spotting scope

Posted By Chris Nardone

I have a Nexstar 5i. It isn't getting as much use at night this winter. Does anyone know where I can buy some kind of bracket to mount the OTA to a standard photo tripod for daytime use?
R/
Chris

January 19, 2004 11:23 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Heron

Posted By Chris Nardone

Unusual morph, but I'm pretty sure it's a Great Blue Heron. I liked the long shadow he cast.

January 19, 2004 11:25 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Northern Shovelers

Posted By Chris Nardone

I believe these are all Northern Shovelers.

January 20, 2004 11:55 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Any Celestron 5" SCT owners?

Posted By Chris Nardone

I just got off the phone with Celestron. I ordered a mounting block (part # 28907) for $30.00. It will attach to my Nexstar 5i OTA allowing it to mount on a standard 1/4-20 photo tripod.
Tyler, ever since your awesome Eagle photos, I have been trying to find a way to do this.
So now I have a Nexstar 5i/C-5 spotter.
Next question, does anyone know of a good prism? I have the one that came with my Celestron 80mm short tube. But I don't think that is good enough to take pictures through.
R/
Chris

January 21, 2004 03:05 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Re: Few from today

Posted By Chris Nardone

Very nice. I think some ps tweaking might bring out more of the details in the Red-winged Blackbird. I was thrown at first glance.

January 22, 2004 02:18 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Re: Wouldn't cooperate

Posted By Chris Nardone

Maybe you need to try some insect calls.