New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Vivian Budnik

November 20, 2021 05:12 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

email replies not being received

Posted By Vivian Budnik

Hello,
there is something weird with email communication. I have done several tests, and I cannot figure out what is wrong. Some private emails are received at AstroMart inbox, but others appear only in my inbox. Similarly, when I replay from AstroMart by sending a private email to the person it seems half the time the person is not receiving the email. I have also tried sending emails directly by replying in my personal inbox, but it seems in this case also some emails get to the recipients and others don't.
Is there something I am not getting?

Thanks,

Vivian

December 5, 2021 07:21 PM Forum: How to make AstroMart BETTER!! My idea is.....

How to rate a seller

Posted By Vivian Budnik

Hello,
I have posted 2 classified. I am still unrated because the buyer does not know where to rate the purchase. could you please advice? this is very frustrating. It should be so straight forward.

Thanks,

Vivian

December 5, 2021 08:17 PM Forum: How to make AstroMart BETTER!! My idea is.....

How to rate a seller

Posted By Vivian Budnik

In my account top right I can find unused ratings, but the person that purchased my equipment is not listed, only the more recent one, which is still in progress.

December 5, 2021 08:27 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Posted By Vivian Budnik

I am sorry, but no matter how well you say this is working, it is not, and now I know of two other users that have the same problem. I receive only some of the messages they send me, and only a subset of them are received by the user. Conversely, I am told through my personal email that a message was sent through your site, but the email is simply not there. What is weird is that this is an intermittent problem. Some messages appear in my inbox, some do not; some messages that I reply to are received by the person I send them to and others are not. This is not a problem of my personal email, because, again, intermittently I do receive notification of a message, and sometimes I don't. Please look into this. I really think there is a problem.

Could it be that there are some browsers Astromart is compatible with and not others? I have used either Safari or Chrome, with the same kind of problem.

Thanks,

Vivian

December 6, 2021 03:01 AM Forum: How to make AstroMart BETTER!! My idea is.....

How to rate a seller

Posted By Vivian Budnik

Both, because  the emails from the Astromart site only intermittently were received. Very frustrating. So we communicated by sending emails both directly through our personal email, as well as through the AstroMart site.

December 6, 2021 03:29 PM Forum: How to make AstroMart BETTER!! My idea is.....

How to rate a seller

Posted By Vivian Budnik

I am not able to mark as unsold. It seems to me this is absolutely backwards. Why shouldn't a buyer (or seller) be able to rate a transaction, if it was initiated from an AstroMart classified? This is especially troubling when your email system is not consistent, as I have been experienced not just by me, but by others. I think you are making this unnecessarily cumbersome. I will think again about going with you next time. 

Thanks,

Vivian

December 6, 2021 06:42 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Posted By Vivian Budnik

Of course. I am sorry. I did not think about it.  I will send a message to the appropriate people.
Thank you for your help.

Best,

Vivian

December 6, 2021 07:34 PM Forum: How to make AstroMart BETTER!! My idea is.....

How to rate a seller

Posted By Vivian Budnik

Thank you. Yes, I do check my spam email every time. Still, what is clear is that some of my replies from the Astromart site never reach the buyer and vice versa. My suspicion is that there is a problem with a certain combination of browsers, email companies, etc, which I cannot identify at the moment. I have done several tests to no avail. I am glad the site works for you, and I am disappointed it does not work for me. I would have assumed that paying the fee implied that certain things, such as the ability to rate and being rated would be straightforward. As it is, I remain unrated, despite 2 very successful transactions, which is to detriment.
Thank you so much for your attempts to help.
All the best and clear skies,

Vivian