My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Richard Shagam

November 27, 2021 09:51 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Likely scam

Posted By Richard Shagam

.Video_Control,null,null,null{filter: contrast(100%)brightness(100%)saturate(100%)sepia(0%) url(#Sharpen0) url(#MIRROR0) url(#Video_Control_Gamma) !important;transform:scalex(1);transition: 0.5s;}
.Video_Control,null,null,null{filter: contrast(100%)brightness(100%)saturate(100%)sepia(0%) url(#Sharpen0) url(#MIRROR0) url(#Video_Control_Gamma) !important;transform:scalex(1);transition: 0.5s;}

Interesting!
I was almost ready to purchase that very mount--even considering driving down to Phoenix to pick it up.  I was corresponding with 'Bill' just this morning, but when I went to look at the ad posting again, it was not to be found anywhere on AstroMart, nor did I get his promised shipping estimate--nor could I even find his profile.  As it turns out, I decided against it anyway, since the mount looked like it wouldn't meet my payload needs after doing some research.  And then I found this forum thread.  Lucky me!

I just became a new user to AstroMart--I hope this doesn't happen too often.  I should also have been tipped off by the fact that he showed no history or profile.  Or one way to check credentials is to see if the poster has a presence on, like, Astrobin.  You would expect that someone selling specialized astrophoto equipment would have taken and posted some pics with it.

Thanks for the tipoff!  Sorry about the ripoff!

Richard