Posts Made By: Timothy McDougall

August 27, 2009 11:33 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Elephant Trunk

Posted By Timothy McDougall

Nice Luke, beautiful colors! wink

February 18, 2010 11:53 AM Forum: Astro-Physics

Primitive Astrophotography

Beautiful shots Joe! How was the weather? Looked like a couple of days of high wind...I had my ticket to attend for the first time, but work intervened. But, back here in NY we had 4 nights that week of clear skies and pretty fair seeing so I got in some Mars observing after all with the Gran Turismo. What details were you able to catch with the Stowaway?

November 19, 2010 02:11 PM Forum: No Holds Barred

UFO's Debunked!

And here Arnold's "UFO" sighting...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Arnold_UFO_sighting

December 15, 2010 12:07 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Re: I was officially Banded from an Astronomy stor

victor truglio said:

Dave, this is mainly for you since you seem to be on the side of the store. Let me explain the type of person I am.
I am the type of person that has never asked for a refund from this store.
I am the type of person that has been dealing with this store for over 4 years.
I am the type of person that drives 100 miles one way to this store and does not take advantage of their free shipping.
I am the type of person that each and every return or exchange was followed up by me spending more money.
I am the type of person that has spent over $7,500, maybe $10,000 at this store, I Lost track.
I am them type of person the reccommends customers to them.
I am the type of person who has purchased over 40 items from this store and returned 6 or 7. One was an un=opned cpc800 which I exchanged for a cpc1100. One was an un-opened cg4 mount which I exchanged for a cg5 mount.
I dont travel to this store to waiste the time of the sales staff.
And once again I have never asked for my money back. NEVER
Thats the kind of customer and person I am and if they dont want my money, I will spend it elsewhere.
I was also made aware I was not the only one banded from the store.
So Dave, if what I described makes me a bad customer, I am what I am.

Victor, after all that in your defense, you fail to realize...Perceptions are Reality. The store is not going to ban you if you REALLY bring in profits! In 35 years I have returned but ONE item that was defective. If you want to try things, go the used Amart route. Thats what it is for. The depreciation is the rental fee. Don't try to pass this cost off on a vendor...Nothing personal here, but :S

June 3, 2011 11:18 AM Forum: Takahashi

Deciphering my serial no.

If the number convention was the same back then as now,it's a 1998 #06.