My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Hinrich Eylers

January 14, 2004 05:06 PM Forum: Binoviewers

New Bino Blues?

Posted By Hinrich Eylers

Used quality equipment almost always sells between 60% and 80% of new retail, depending to some extent on if the new product has been upgraded or is still the same. Not-so-quality equipment usually sells at less than 50%, and stuff you can't get (like some APOs people insist on spending $$$$ on) may sell for more than "retail." Binoviewers are no different.

January 21, 2004 02:40 AM Forum: Binoviewers

In case you were concerned

Posted By Hinrich Eylers

Good to know. I was getting really worried!

January 23, 2004 03:31 PM Forum: Binoviewers

Heaters for Binoviewers

Posted By Hinrich Eylers

Does that actually keep the eyepiece from fogging up (my only problem)?

March 23, 2004 04:58 PM Forum: Binoviewers

I feel like I'm on the politics Forum!!!

Posted By Hinrich Eylers

Indeed. Just like what happened in the Yahoo forum (before HS issues were banned) and Cloudy Nights (before vendors were moved into the "Expert Issues" - an oxymoron in this case - forum). Gee. Is it because it's the only real forum left in which Harry & Co continually post?

This COULD be a good forum just like all the other Astro Mart forums ...

March 23, 2004 09:35 PM Forum: Binoviewers

TeleVue Binoviewer Purchase

Posted By Hinrich Eylers

So ... it took over two months of waiting to get the OCA ?! How come you didn't at least take the TV out in the mean time? Seems like a waste as the TV really is a nice unit (Jim, btw, owns and uses one too).

March 24, 2004 10:46 PM Forum: Binoviewers

Binoviewers and Cataracts

Posted By Hinrich Eylers

Mark,

no cataracts in my eyes, but: one of the things binoviewing is really great for is if you have "non-symmetrical" issues with your eyes. Why? Because the brain will filter out what it can only see in one eye - things like floaters, for example, and likely a lot of the cataract problems. I'd give it a try for sure.

H

April 15, 2004 05:01 AM Forum: Binoviewers

Goodbye Newts. Hello SCT

Posted By Hinrich Eylers

With the 11" I seem to recall that that was so. With the 8" you should be close.