Posts Made By: sanford nassau

June 9, 2002 12:24 PM Forum: Meade

lx200 age/changes over the years

Posted By sanford nassau

Have there been any technical advances/changes in the
lx200 8" or 10" over the past 8 years? I want to buy a
used lx200 and want to know how much importance I should
place on the age of the scope. I realize anyone could lie about when they bought it and how well they took
care of it.

June 19, 2002 02:22 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

lx200 gps alignment process help

Posted By sanford nassau

okay this seems straight forward but I can't figure out how to align my new 10" gps lx200.
During alignment process (using 26 eyepiece) when telescope stops at the first star it not aligned in center, so manual says hit arrow keys well that don't do anything. Help?

Thanks

July 28, 2002 11:44 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

looking for help on meade 416xt on a lx200 10"

Posted By sanford nassau

No specific questions yet. I will am them once I try it.
Any hints from you experts out there on how to use this 416xt (I just bought used). I have a lx200 (only had it a month). I am willing to take the most basic advice aside from read the manual.

Thanks Sandy

January 24, 2003 12:36 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Can I use lx200gps remotely and 416xte?

Posted By sanford nassau

It is cold out and my scope has been hanging out in the garage for months. I built a cart to help move scope to my backyard.

Can any tell me how to remotely set up a Lx200 gps 10" scope? I want to place it in my backyard and run a cable from scope to my computer inside my house and look at the skys. What software/cables do you recomend for a beginner?
Any thoughts on Deepsky 2000?

I also have a meade model 416xte Pictor ccd imaging camera (I bought used and have not figured out how to use). Can I hook this imaging thing up to and remotely use it? Came with scsi card for laptop would prefer to hook to desktop remotely.

Thanks in advance
Sandy

August 2, 2002 12:32 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

looking for help on meade 416xt on a lx200 10"

Posted By sanford nassau

I apreciate the information from you and Maurice. Will post results once I get something. Thanks