From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

NEOWISE With Airplane 7/17/20

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Howard Knytych

August 16, 2004 01:46 PM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

My

Posted By Howard Knytych

John,

Where were you? We (my wife and two granddaughters and I) were near the loop of the 802 spur on the right, in a 24' Prowler.

Howard

September 27, 2004 01:26 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Differences with built in equipment

Posted By Howard Knytych

Have you considered getting your eyes checked?

October 5, 2004 08:59 AM Forum: Politics

What are we going to do?

Posted By Howard Knytych

Let's convince the government to mandate an apollo-scale project to develop nuclear fusion, which would be a clean alternative to fission. First step would be to dispel the public aversion to that particular nuclear "f" word.

When research in this area was active, the Soviets were achieving extremely high pressures with laser bombardment of deuterium pellets for short time periods. We were achieving high temperatures for by magnetic confinement for long periods. The goal is somewhere between. My point is that a lot of the preliminary research has been done already. But since anything nuclear is currently politically unpopular, further research is dead.

A massive effort in this area would (1) build an infrastructure to support new technology, which would create new jobs, (2) free us from dependence on foreign oil, (3) dry up much of the financial base that supports mideast terrorists, and (4) clean up the environment. Of course, the oil companies wouldn't like it much, would they?

October 13, 2004 08:59 AM Forum: Politics

Re: the real appeal of GWB

Posted By Howard Knytych

Check out the following article on Prescott Bush, posted in the Manchester Guardian:

http://search.netscape.com/ns/boomframe.jsp?query=Bush%27s+grandfather&page=1&offset=0&result_url=redir%3Fsrc%3Dwebsearch%26requestId%3D35fc125f119f505e%
26clickedItemRank%3D1%26userQuery%
3DBush%2527s%2Bgrandfather%26clickedItemURN%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.guardian.co.uk%252Fusa%252Fstory%252F0%252C12271%252C1312540%252C00.html%26invocationType%3D-%26fromPage%3DNSCPIndex2%26amp%3BampTest%3D1&remove_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.guardian.co.uk%2Fusa%2Fstory%2F0%2C12271%2C1312540%2C00.html

October 18, 2004 02:02 PM Forum: Politics

Osama in the Box.

Posted By Howard Knytych

I've said it before: They'll find OBL when it's politically expedient for them to do so. The Bush family has a thick relationship with the Saudi royal family and the Ben Ladens. Osama is the covert operations agent for them. Currently it may not be in the interests of the Bush administration to find him, since the Bushies need to have the the "boogie man", OSL, around to justify Homeland Security, and to keep the American public hyped up about terrorism threats. But if the polls show Bush tanking, I wouldn't be surprised if OSL is suddenly "captured" just before the election.

October 22, 2004 08:46 AM Forum: Politics

Natiional Sales Tax?

Posted By Howard Knytych

Speaking just for myself, Jim, I'm fully aware of what portion of my gross income is my take home pay whenever I look at my pay stub, and I'll wager most people are also intelligent enough to figure it out.

October 25, 2004 11:54 AM Forum: Politics

Can someone explain to me...

Posted By Howard Knytych

Even they don't want him. The Crawford newspaper endorsed Kerry!

October 29, 2004 09:12 AM Forum: Politics

Political splits in your family?

Posted By Howard Knytych

My wife & I see eye-to-eye up here in "Little Beirut", otherwise known as Portland, OR. But I have an older sister and bro-in-law in South Carolina who have voted republican since dirt, and an older brother and sister-in-law in Salem, OR who are leaning toward Bush, saying Kerry's bad because he comes from wealthy, elitist roots. Go figure... :S

October 29, 2004 02:55 PM Forum: Politics

Undies bunched

Posted By Howard Knytych

My crystal ball says there's going to be a revolution in the Republican party to recapture their traditional middle ground, regardless of who wins. Many prominent, responsible Repubs have been coming out against the neocons who've captured the party.

The result will be good for the party and the country. It'll re-open honest debate between the two major parties -- something that's been sadly lacking during this election season.

November 8, 2004 09:08 AM Forum: Equipment Talk