My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: gary c shrum

July 14, 2008 06:21 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Meade LX200 GPS Problem

Posted By gary c shrum

I haven't used this for a year or so....after setting up and pluging in the ac adapter and turning the scope on with the on switch......the hand controller lights up for a moment then dims......the light on the control panel never does come on.
I have 12 volts coming in from the adapter.......is there a fuse behind the control panel? It doesn't seen to wanna come out easy.......is there a trick in getting it out to check for a fuse?

Thanks for any help
Gary

July 16, 2008 09:40 AM Forum: Meade

meade lx200 gps 8"

Posted By gary c shrum

I haven't used this for a year or so....after setting up and pluging in the ac adapter and turning the scope on with the on switch......the hand controller lights up for a moment then dims......the light on the control panel never does come on.
I have 12 volts coming in from the adapter.......is there a fuse behind the control panel? It doesn't seen to wanna come out easy.......is there a trick in getting it out to check for a fuse?

Thanks for any help
Gary

July 31, 2008 09:14 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Telescope Pier

Posted By gary c shrum

For a 8" SCT would a telephone poll be better than a 6-8 pipe for a pier?

October 6, 2008 04:15 PM Forum: Digital SLR AstroPhotography

camers/lens?

Posted By gary c shrum

What is a good camera and lens to start with?... say $500 or below

thanks for any advice

gary

October 12, 2008 12:36 PM Forum: Digital SLR AstroPhotography

too many choices

Posted By gary c shrum

I'm looking at a canon xs w18/55 is at a walmart stores, but I'm worried about asking questions from the help.....would this be a good camera to start with? could I add remote shutter control to this camera and is there anything that I don't want on a camera. how about a lens of 70 to 200mm.......just don't wanna buy something and find out I should have bought something else

looking for some help
Gary

October 26, 2008 11:07 AM Forum: Digital SLR AstroPhotography

1st try with Xsi

Posted By gary c shrum

Great............No Sun Spots, but seems to be focused.

November 4, 2008 02:03 PM Forum: Digital SLR AstroPhotography

Flat Field

Posted By gary c shrum

In taking Flat fields do you use a short exposure or do you take them like you would in taking a dark fied in DSS?

Thanks for any info
Gary

December 1, 2008 08:30 AM Forum: Digital SLR AstroPhotography

stupid question

Posted By gary c shrum

I have a canon Xsi that I wanna try piggyback w/75-300mm lens.....it came with a skylight 1a filter....is there any advantage in using this filter or would it be better off? Should be the same setup before taking dark,flat and bias.

Thanks for any advice
Gary

December 12, 2008 07:53 AM Forum: Digital SLR AstroPhotography

scope advice

Posted By gary c shrum

Hello Group,

I have a canon XSi and looking for advice on a 60-90mm refractor to mate with. It'll ride piggyback on a 8"lx200 gps. Here the catch.....I need to stay close to $500. I'm pretty sure I need one with a fine focus focuser....any advise would be very helpful on your experience with one.

Thanks to all and clear skies
Gary

December 14, 2008 01:52 PM Forum: Meade

Piggyback weight

Posted By gary c shrum

I have a 8"SCT lx200....How much could I piggyback on this scope without creating tracking problems
(weight wise?.....10#....15#?

Thank you for any input you might have
Gary