My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Brian Pope

October 1, 2002 07:48 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

meade ccd ?

Posted By Brian Pope

Looking at the meade 416xte for autoguiding and imaging for my lx50 10" F10 scope. Any problems I should know about before I move on . this is gonna be my first ccd.
thanks for any input, all appreciated
Brian

October 10, 2002 05:40 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

cables for ccd

Posted By Brian Pope

Okay, I would like to get some opinions on ccd hookups to the computer. serial ports or scsi stuff what do others use usb ? anything else anybody try different ? thanks Brian

November 18, 2002 09:22 PM Forum: Deep Sky Observing

leonids

Posted By Brian Pope

Live in Cincinnati Ohio area and its 12:30am...
nothing but clouds. I even took of work this year to see the storm. Anybody out there have anything to say yet ? anybody close to me with clear skies ?
thanks Brian

November 21, 2002 02:09 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

ccd computer hookups

Posted By Brian Pope

okay , I am looking for a scsi to connect my ccd telescope to my indoor computer. Therefore, I need some long length 50-75 feet of scsi. Who else has done what to avoid buying an additional laptop ? Any input or actuall experiences would be helpful.
thanks Brian

May 15, 2003 05:17 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

color saturn

Posted By Brian Pope

No blindness for myself and Saturn is yellowish.
And now back to topic. You can use various filters for seperation of the cloud belts, and details missed in regular unaided eye. The truth is as the other person notated the more u look the more u see.
Brian

May 16, 2003 06:12 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

moon shot

Posted By Brian Pope

Just glorious. The pros are not doing much, if any, better than that.

May 17, 2003 02:50 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

eclipse

Posted By Brian Pope

just great shot

December 12, 2003 02:30 PM Forum: Deep Sky Observing

geminid showers

Posted By Brian Pope

Anybody seen anything last few nights for this show ?
I have been clouded out. tomorrow is peak. Just curious if anybody was looking. Thanks

December 13, 2003 07:47 PM Forum: Home Observatories

The burbs project

Posted By Brian Pope

Well, I finally finished my little shed/scope. I had been getting ideas from this area for few weeks, rebuilt my back deck to get my skills going, before doing my real project, The Scope room. Shed deal kept wife happy, my little room for telescope was good since she had place to throw her outdoor stuff. My cost was est 1500.00 for the 20x8 shed/scope. Actuall truthfully, 1900.00 with the extra 200 had to pay city to okay the propery line infraction. Gee, those guys can be real pointy. That delay after I had set all the posts cost me 2 months of nothing, so check all ur permits and dimensions ahead of time. The shed is 12x8 the scope room is roughly 7x6. SCOPE ROOF ROLLS UNDER SHED ROOF. Dug and laid the line for electric and cable with seperate dictches 18 inches apart in pvc. The paint was supposed to match the siding of the house which is tan. The wife got to pick it out, and u know, in certain angles of light, its pink! holly cow a pink observatory! gee better than not having one I guess. Next year, new paint job. Have step by step pics if anyone is looking for ideas. I thank all who have posted theirs.

December 13, 2003 10:20 PM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

how about a woodpecker?

Posted By Brian Pope

One of my favorite backyard visitors.