Posts Made By: Brian Pope

January 24, 2004 12:36 PM Forum: Home Observatories

Roll-off roof observatory near completion

Posted By Brian Pope

Looks like your on your way. I wanted to use the same roof as you, but, wife prohibited, had to be roof like hte house, lol. when u say one ton of concrete, yea I say feels like 3 or 4. the grunt work,lol. Good luck finishing soon. Brian

February 4, 2004 01:16 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Stellars Jay

Posted By Brian Pope

sharp bird

February 4, 2004 12:58 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

slop in declination..opinions please

Posted By Brian Pope

Hi Dale,
I atually just posted the same Exact ? a short time ago. Slop in used sct declination. Check back in archives find my post and see the replies. One very kind person gave me a diagram of the hole deal. My fix was simple tightening of the bracket to the scope arm. It was a hinge pin and that is where the slop was. Take a look and in mean time i will see if I saved the diagram. You can do it! And yes it does need to be fixed since you move and slew the scope, it will flop some already so u dont want anymore than you have to.

February 12, 2004 02:53 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

First decent prime focus, M42

Posted By Brian Pope

very nice, I would like to see somebody post one layered or combined so that you can see all the color but still the trapezium as in my photo. Seems like not to many that show those 4 stars due to saturation. I like the almost blue fringe bordering the red in your pic.
Good night! Brian

February 17, 2004 11:18 AM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

"Night Sky" Magazine

Posted By Brian Pope

mark, sorry i have not heard of it. sounds like an idea.. but I dont think that a mag like that will be all that different from articles in some of the major ones to be honest, aside from the actual science stuff.

February 24, 2004 02:13 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Moom and Venus - Weird Moom Artifact

Posted By Brian Pope

Jason, either way it is pretty cool.
Brian

February 28, 2004 03:47 AM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Good Night in January--Horsie and Flame

Posted By Brian Pope

ONE DAY I WILL GET ME A NICE PIC LIKE THAT AND STOP RIGHT THERE! brian

March 5, 2004 02:02 AM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

A few friends

Posted By Brian Pope

sure is a nice view.

March 10, 2004 07:52 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

TAURUS Tracker III Dual Port Reviews

Posted By Brian Pope

I use the tracker and think it is very good. I have not been able to auto guide with my used 201xt thru it yet since i seem to be unable to get it to work period, but i have done manual guiding and jsut fine. The one thing to think about is the ability to find a suitable star to guide from while keeping subject framed. but, that goes with all off axis guiders.Goes on and off the scope easily (SCT for me). Has kinda pockets where you can put the larger filters in it also.Takes a couple rolls of film to find your focus and then ur set,doh ur ccd ... so how will it hook up to your ccd? mine is for 35mm camera, maybe ur dual port is diff than my t3.probably has an adapeter for your ccd check that out.
Brian

March 26, 2004 08:12 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Yellow-crowned Night Heron - Portrait

Posted By Brian Pope

nice pic, for a dorkey looking bird.