Posts Made By: Joe Lentz

August 26, 2004 03:41 AM Forum: Politics

Bush Oil Policies Ruining Pristine Lands/Dark Skie

Posted By Joe Lentz

Rod, those in this country who actually care about the environment are well aware that GWB is the worst enemy to come down the pike in a long time. His environmental vision taken to completion would result in a planet not very many people would care to live on. And yet he still gets the support of nearly 50% of the electorate. To say that defies reason is an understatement. :S

August 28, 2004 04:43 AM Forum: Politics

What is this place?

Posted By Joe Lentz

Good post Jack! A little perspective is in order here now and then. Well... fairly often actually. wink Thanks for paying us a visit. So you goin back outside the wall now? wink

August 28, 2004 02:47 PM Forum: Politics

What's the motivation?

Posted By Joe Lentz

Darrell, it's not likely anyone here is going to sway from their position. In part it's people venting their frustrations with a system they see being corrupted. It's also people trying to rationalize (maybe even to themselves) the acquiring and misuse of power, while others rail against the perceived injustice of it. I think it's pretty much a microcosm of what's going on outside. Mostly hard-core political junkies here I guess. Maybe it's therapuetic? wink Its Herb's forum, just like all the rest. I reckon he'll do what he wants to with it.

August 28, 2004 11:22 PM Forum: Politics

Bush - the Elitist

Posted By Joe Lentz

I still cannot understand how an admitted drunk with a history of failures could have become our President. It just shows how much money and power control the system.

True, but the system controls the voter only to the extent the voter allows himself or herself to be controlled. The final defence against the seemingly unstoppable influence of power and money can only be the conscience and acumen of the voter. This election will tell us much about how well those two abilities reside in the american voter.

August 30, 2004 05:47 PM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

How about a nice fat caterpillar?

Posted By Joe Lentz

Very nice shot Jeff. I've raised a few butterflies and moths over the years, and have given cocoons to nephews and neices to raise themselves. It's an amazing process!

August 31, 2004 12:37 AM Forum: Politics

Bush: "Afghanistan an arising democracy"

Posted By Joe Lentz

Rod, you should know by now, the reality isn't important; it's the perception of reality that matters. This is a fundamental tenet of the Bushies. Get with the program! wink

August 31, 2004 08:35 PM Forum: Politics

Re: Rudolph Giuliani speech

Posted By Joe Lentz

I believe that this speech could actually help undecideds determine that President Bush should be re-elected.

Jim, you could be right, I mean if half the electorate is willing to allow themselves to be buffaloed, then why not the other 10%? I sincerely hope you are wrong.

September 1, 2004 03:46 AM Forum: Politics

Would it not be ironic if:

Posted By Joe Lentz

Perhaps not all of Bush's neurons are firing in sequential order.

How would we be able to tell if they were? I mean we'd need a baseline right? wink

There has to be some explanation for his aberrant behavior...

I'm sure the liberals are behind it in some way, shape or form. :C

September 2, 2004 02:28 PM Forum: Politics

Zell Miller

Posted By Joe Lentz

Sure, it's another scene in a very slick and expensive production, one that alternates between a disney and hardline tone; yes, they are sending exactly the message they want to deliver. But we don't need their convention to make any serius decisions because we already have a nearly 4 year record to look at. It's just a big lavish party for the converted, just as the DNC was. The GOP is hoping for a big bump, but I'll be surprised if they get any more than Kerry did. Of course it's succeeding in getting the choir pumped up, but that has little relevance to the outcome of this election.

September 3, 2004 04:46 PM Forum: Politics

The Cheney Delima

Posted By Joe Lentz

There are only two possible explanations of how Cheney was involved in this scandal:

1. He is corrupt and lied about what he knew.
2. He is incompetent and not fit to be Vice President.

I'd say all of 1. and the 2nd part of 2.

Tom, I think I've finally figured it out what "compassionate conservatism" must be! It's the willingness to overlook or forgive the fatal flaws of ones chosen candidate.