My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Joe Lentz

September 3, 2004 09:48 AM Forum: Politics

Zell Miller

Posted By Joe Lentz

Let's all be honest, is Zell Miller someone you would actually want sitting down with your family at the dining room table? I think not...

September 5, 2004 04:03 PM Forum: Politics

Attack Ad Vets/Bush

Posted By Joe Lentz

Rod, do you have a link to that info?

September 5, 2004 09:03 PM Forum: Politics

Re: Post Repub Convention Results

Posted By Joe Lentz

Two months can be a long time in a campaign Jim.

September 5, 2004 09:35 PM Forum: Politics

Learn or Suffer...

Posted By Joe Lentz

Jim, I purposely let the quote speak for itself. I assume all the regulars here have a pretty good idea why I posted it, and why I think it's important. I don't need to "spin" it. Take from the quote what you will..

September 5, 2004 10:35 PM Forum: Politics

Social Security & Reality

Posted By Joe Lentz

I agree with that Paul. I wish someone would talk about it a lot more, Kerry in particular. I'm 52 and have been working my whole life, so I'm rather curious about the future of SS.

September 5, 2004 10:36 PM Forum: Politics

The absence or Ross Perot

Posted By Joe Lentz

Yeah, I liked those charts he used to use to illustrate his points. smile

September 6, 2004 10:09 AM Forum: Politics

I miss 'split government'

Posted By Joe Lentz

>>>>Checks and balances, sometimes it really works. I guess those Founding Fathers were on to something.<<<<

Well Paul, sometimes they work. But they haven't lately. Even the final check/balance of the citizen voter might not be enough to counter what's been happening lately. If Bush manages to get another term and appoints SC judges, you can forget all about checks and balances. If that happens, the founding fathers will be rolling in their graves.

September 21, 2004 06:05 PM Forum: Politics

CBS ties to Deregulation

Posted By Joe Lentz

Jim, I see you still have the same negative and stifled outlook on not only politics, but people in general. It must be difficult for you to realize that some people are actually interested in understanding the reasons for the problems and want to find solutions. You spend far too much energy feeding your own paranoia, no wonder your posts are so bitter, one-dimensional, and repetitive.

September 22, 2004 06:23 AM Forum: Politics

September 22, 2004 02:07 PM Forum: Politics

Where is the line?

Posted By Joe Lentz

>>>>On the other hand, the president's supporters argue that the president has been 'unlucky' and these events have arisen due to circumstances beyond his control.<<<<

It has often been observed that we make our own luck. To the extent this is true, I suggest that GWB has created his own bad luck, or at the very least allowed himself to be shepherded to it by his handlers... and that "very least" comment is being exceedingly generous on my part. wink

In any case, all my sympathies are with the country whose welfare was entrusted to him. Now the critical question has to do with how well the country has been paying attention the past few years; what are our loyalties really about, country or government? This will be determined in about 6 weeks.