Image of the day

Captured by
Paul Walsh

Wet beak - he had just skimmed the neighbor's pond.

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Saul Martinez

March 17, 2003 05:46 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Ligth Pollution Filters for a 4 inch refractor

Posted By Saul Martinez

I live in a modertaely to highliy light polluted area nad I was considering getting a light pollution filter for my 4 inch refractor.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what filter should I get?

Thanks!

Saul.

March 20, 2003 04:39 PM Forum: Telescope Making

Suggestions for a 1st time project

Posted By Saul Martinez

Hi!
I've been thinkering with the idea of building a 6" or 8" scope. I want something portable that can be taken apart easily and when dissasembled won't take a lot of space, so a truss project sounds OK.

Anyone has suggestions on books and projects I could get to start with this project?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Saul Martinez

April 14, 2003 03:09 PM Forum: Telescope Making

Re: My Latest Successful Attempt

Posted By Saul Martinez

Great looking scope! Congratulations on your first attempt.

Would it be possible to get the scope plans? I'm also thinking about building a 6 or inch and have been looking for some plans. This one seems very portable and good looking.

Thanks!

Saul

April 24, 2003 05:05 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Orion Astroview 100 and Meade 2 inch diagonal

Posted By Saul Martinez

I just got a meade 2 Inch diagonal for my orion Astroview 100, but the 1 1/2 EP's are not coming to focus. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Saul.

June 2, 2003 05:55 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Eyepiece replacement for an Orion Astroview 100

Posted By Saul Martinez

Hi All!

I currently own an Orion Astroview 100 and live under Mag 3.5 - 4 Skies. I've been looking around for mid-priced EP's to replace the stock ones that came with my scope for general viewing.

Any suggestions on what to get?

Thanks!

Saul.

July 14, 2003 03:51 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Speed/Film Combinations for Lunar Shots

Posted By Saul Martinez

Hi!

I Just started taking shots from the moon with my wife's digital camera and so far I like the result, here's a result of last night's shot 30 min. after moonrise. I managed to get a hold of a good SLR camera body and last night I attached it to my 4 inch achro. Now I want to try taking lunar shots with that camera.

Does anybody have suggestions on what kind of film and shutter speeds I should use to get good results? All your advise is very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Saul.

July 17, 2003 07:37 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

What is bad seeing?

Posted By Saul Martinez

Hi all!

On previous posts I saw a very heated discussion about the performance of different telescope types on bad seeing conditions, and in one of the threads there were references to miscalculated seeing conditions.

Could anybody explain a newbie with practical examples when seeing is Good, Average or Bad?

Thanks All!

Saul Martinez

August 12, 2003 08:46 PM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

Item for sale in 2 sites

Posted By Saul Martinez

Herb,

I Came across an item that appears to be on sale in Astromart and at the other site at the same time. Isn't it a violation of our terms of use?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2945112570&category=29954

http://www.astromart.com/viewad.asp?cid=209540

September 8, 2003 05:14 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

AstroView 100 Mods

Posted By Saul Martinez

Hi All!

I have an orion astroview 100 and I want to know if you guys have modified it in any way to improve it (Parts, mods, etc). I already painted the inside flat black and have a RA finder to make hopping easier. I Want to get the best mileage from my scope and any advise will be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

November 24, 2003 11:00 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Advise: New telescope for Dad

Posted By Saul Martinez

Hi All!

I need some advise here. I want to get a telescope for my dad on christmas but I don't know what model will suit him best. He's always been interested in science and astronomy, but never has had a chance to get a telescope. His home is located in a light polluted area, so I want something with some light gathering power. I myself own a 4 inch achro, and living in a big city I find it nice, but a little bit underpowered because all the light pollution.

My dad is turning 65, so I need to get him something easy to setup and carry inside and outside his house. I was thinking on getting him a 6 or 8 inch dob (Maybe an Orion or Hardin). Do you guys think it's a good idea, or are there any other models I should consider?

Thanks!