Posts Made By: Ken Tydeck

April 14, 2004 06:29 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Newbies first post..M-104

Posted By Ken Tydeck

Hello All!! After lurking for a long time I have decided to post my first message. Seems like alot of good people on this forum. I've enclosed an image of M104 that I took last night. Imaged with an 10" LX200 using an MX7C camera and 3.3 focal reducer. Processed with Astroart and Photoshop.
All comments and tips you would like to share with me are very welcome. Thanks for looking. Ken Tydeck

April 14, 2004 10:42 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Newbies second post M-16

Posted By Ken Tydeck

This was the 2nd image from last night.This and M104 are two of my favorite objects. 10x600secs guided with star2k. I'm still trying to figure out the color balance trick. Comments, tips and image tweaking are always welcome. Thanks goes to Lance for all his help and motivation. Thanks for looking!!
Ken Tydeck

April 16, 2004 05:18 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

M101

Posted By Ken Tydeck

Hey all..Here is that image of M101 I took the other night. Was a little hesitant to post because of the F3.3 vignetting issue. But what the heck. Need to learn flats. I know alot of data is being clipped as I try to even out the gradient. I am pleased with the tracking though. Stars are more round. 20x600secs.Star2k. Used Chris Icoughs starbloat and tweaked in PS. As always comments and tweaking welcome. Thanks for looking. Ken Tydeck

June 29, 2004 04:32 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Rolando Chavez image in S&T.

Posted By Ken Tydeck

Congrats goes out to Rolando for his great image of Jupiter on page 145 in the August issue of Sky and Telescope. What are you going to buy with the gift certificate Rolando? smile Ken Tydeck

July 10, 2004 04:21 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

M27 MX7c Star2K

Posted By Ken Tydeck

Hi All !! Finally getting back to imaging after replacing a dead laptop and lots of help from Lance. We tuned up the settings, PEC and others for guiding. Here is an image of M27 we took with my 10" LX200. Was not looking good for imaging earlier in the day here in Mesa, but turned out to be a pretty good night. F5 16x600sec. Star2k. Enjoy. All comments are welcome.
Ken Tydeck

April 6, 2005 04:44 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

First image of the year!! Yahoo!! M51

Posted By Ken Tydeck

Hello all! After a long period of no imaging I finally got out last night. I was hoping for a longer exposure but the camera and cables were getting dangerously close to the wedge. I made a lightbox this winter and am trying to figure out the best processing procedure for flats. I did attempt flat subtraction on this image for the first time. Still having some problems with gradients. I also got images of M64 last night and will post after processing. Comments and suggestions are always appreciated. Thanks for looking. Ken Tydeck

April 7, 2005 01:27 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Scope gave me a blackeye last night!!!

Posted By Ken Tydeck

Galaxy that is.. 8) Took this image of M64 last night. Thanks for looking. All comments and recommendations welcome. Ken Tydeck

10" LX200 at F5ish?
13x600s MX7C Star2k

April 14, 2005 08:14 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Feelin edgy lately????

Posted By Ken Tydeck

NGC4565 will take care of those yearnings.. 8) What do you think? Comments, tweaks and tips welcome.

38x300sec. MX7C S2K
10" LX200 f3.3 focal reducer behind a Starlight Instruments focuser. Have not figured out focal length with this setup..?? Suspect less. This is a cropped image as I am getting coma on the edges. I have moved the Idas light-pollution filter into the focuser to shorten the optical train. Thanks for looking!
Ken Tydeck

November 16, 2005 01:14 AM Forum: Deep Sky Observing

A shout to Australia!!!!

Posted By Ken Tydeck

Hello All,
I hope this is the right place to post this message.? I am planning a trip to Australia for late December and most of January 2006 and was hoping to view the southern skies with our friends in Australia. I will be in the Green Valley area of Sydney most of the time. Side trips to Queensland and Tasmania during the trip. Any Star Parties on Friday night the 30th? Later in the month or in between may be possible. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks and hope to hear from Australia! Take care! Ken Tydeck Mesa,AZ. USA

April 2, 2006 06:59 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Moon last night in M45

Posted By Ken Tydeck

Hello All,
Last night was first light with my new William-Optics ZS66 SD. Just planned on puttering around with it visually, very pleasing by the way, when Lance Frederick slapped on his wifes digital camera for some fun lunar shots. Moon was located in M45 and looked great. Here is one of the images. Thanks for looking! Ken Tydeck