My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Ken Tydeck

November 5, 2006 09:04 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M33 from New Mexico Skies Reduced Image

Posted By Ken Tydeck

Hello all! Been Lurking for a while and have seen many beautiful posts. Lots of talent in this forum. This is the reason this is my favorite website. Thank you Anacortes! And of course thank you all of you!!! Lance Frederick and I where fortunate to spend some time at New Mexico Skies a few weeks ago. During a cloudy night I learned image processing techniques from Ryan Hanahoe at NMS. It definitely is Disneyland for astronerds,myself being one. Nature nuts will be very happy here. I came face to face with a cougar at NMS. WOW!! Wonderful place!!! We spent some time imaging a few objects including M33. Takahashi FCT150 and SBIG STL 11000m and Paramount where used for this image. 45 minutes each Lum and rgb where taken. I bought the Willmann-Bell publishing Photoshop Astronomy book by R Scott Ireland and the Astronomical Image Processing Tutorials video by Donald P. Waid to help with my image techniques. Great resources in my opinion. I know I have much to learn and appreciate any advice and critiques by you all on this and any of my images. Anyway here is Lance and my latest effort. Look for the extra galaxies!! A huge image! Sorry! What is the best way to reduce an image for the web in CS2 or any other way? I am having a dumb attack!!! Or is the huge image not a worry.? Reduced image now!!! Should I return the big image? Thanks for looking!!! Ken Tydeck Mesa, AZ.

January 4, 2007 10:47 PM Forum: Ask rating questions here

Should I refuse shipping and then what?

Posted By Ken Tydeck

Hello all,
I just bought a few items from a seller on AM and was informed that everything should arrive this week sometime. In the mean time I stumbled upon a thread by the seller, on a different web forum posted prior to the sale, talking about how his equipment which he is selling to me, had unfortunately became damaged. Shouldn't the seller be obligated to tell the buyer about this? I spent good money on these items. Upon finding this out I tried to call the seller and only got a answer machine and also sent an email stating I will be refusing shipment and asking for a full refund. Is that wrong of me to ask? I paid via paypal and the seller took the payment. Has anybody got any recommendations on what should be my next step. Thanks for reading.

Regards,
Ken Tydeck

May 25, 2007 04:40 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M13 with MX7C

Posted By Ken Tydeck

Howdy all!!! Been a while since my last post though I have been an active lurker 8O !!! Nice stuff Yall!!
Been doing some testing with my new setup last week. Took this image of M13 with the MX7C. Scope was a TOA-130. SWEET!!! The old MX7C seems very happy with the TAK. Tried some new techniques on this one ie.. actually trying to get good focus and good guiding. What a concept!!?? !! And some other stuff. Total of 40 min exposure time at F7. Any comments and advice are very welcome. Thanks for looking!! KT

May 25, 2007 10:03 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M51 with MX7C

Posted By Ken Tydeck

Howdy again,
This image was taken the same night as my previous posting. Using a focal reducer brought the TOA-130 down to about F/5.9. 12x240/sec. Needs more data but I am pleased with the results so far. Any advice, tips or tweaking are always welcome. Thanks for looking again. KT

November 23, 2007 03:50 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Holmes and Mirfak

Posted By Ken Tydeck

Hi all,
Been a while since I have posted an image on AM. Have been lurking though and am enjoying the posts.
I decided to take a few shots of Comet Holmes this last week from my backyard.
Images with a Canon 400D DSLR with IDAS LP filter through a TOA130. Guided with a MX7C and Orion ED80. DSLR imaging is new to me so all comments and suggestions are appreciated. Almost forgot that this was 2min subs at about 36 minutes total. Thanks!

Regards,

November 23, 2007 06:12 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Pacman chomps on Alpha Persei

Posted By Ken Tydeck

Ok just one more than I will be quiet. smile This image was taken on the 19th Nov. and shows a good example of the movement of Comet Holmes compared to my prior submission.
11ea X 2min. exposures. Canon 400D and TOA-130. The IDAS LPS filter was not used on this one.
Thanks for looking!

Regards,

November 26, 2016 02:37 AM Forum: Digital SLR AstroPhotography

It's been a long time! IC 434

Posted By Ken Tydeck

Hey all!! My last image upload was in 2007.. But have been lurking the whole time.. cwy Apologies for the well exposed Horsehead! But here is another one! smile I've gone remote with a Modified Canon T2i and a TOA-130 in Mayhill, NM. 6X20min. exposure. As I have said so long ago.. Any critiques and recommendations appreciated!!! Thanks for looking!!

April 16, 2004 03:56 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Jupiter & Saturn 04/15/04

Posted By Ken Tydeck

Very nice Ivan!! A webcam maybe in my future. Ken Tydeck

April 26, 2004 05:22 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

NGC 4038/9 The Antennea

Posted By Ken Tydeck

Love the color!!!Amazing what we can do from Earth...I don't know!!??? But there could be some beings looking back at us, from these galaxies, thinking that they got a way cool picture looking this way...??? Maybe..?? Just a thought!!! I hope!!!
KT

April 28, 2004 01:10 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

M101 with Sky 90 and Digital Rebel

Posted By Ken Tydeck

Don,

That a very nice image. Nice to see other objects to hunt for. Great job!! KT