Image of the day

Captured by
Paul Walsh

Wet beak - he had just skimmed the neighbor's pond.

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Doug Scobel

September 12, 2007 04:03 PM Forum: Star Parties

Okie-Tex - not too early to start talking about it

Posted By Doug Scobel

Looks like there will be a few AM regulars there - hope to meet some of you. I'll have "Smurfette" (see my Avatar/profile) and my 13" (see attached photo).

This will be my first OTSP - I'm realllllly looking forward to it! grin grin grin

Doug

September 24, 2007 03:34 AM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

North America and Pelican

Posted By Doug Scobel

And here's my processed image.

Can any of you do better? I'm a rookie at this and I would like to learn how best to bring out the nebulosity and darken the background without bloating the stars. I'm using Paint Shop Pro 8.

Thanks,
Doug

September 24, 2007 03:37 AM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

North America and Pelican

Posted By Doug Scobel

Here's a processed image of M31 using the same setup but exposure time was only 10 minutes.

Doug

February 26, 2008 12:57 AM Forum: Solar System Observing

Total Lunar Eclipse - 2008 FEB 20/21

Posted By Doug Scobel

Here's my composite of the event start to finish. Miraculously, we had crystal clear skies.

Doug

March 17, 2008 01:17 PM Forum: Solar System Observing

March 18, 2008 03:19 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M81-82

Posted By Doug Scobel

Very, very nice, Floyd.

Doug

February 23, 2011 01:30 PM Forum: Telescope Making

Use tape to attach laminate to bottom of rocker bo

Posted By Doug Scobel

Thanks for all the comments/advice, everyone. I may try using a small amount of double-sided tape on my new scope (16" Telekit) temporarily, to compare use of Ebony Star against FRP, on both all Teflon and the Teflon/roller bearings that came with the kit. But once I decide on what works best I'll probably secure it "permanently" with contact cement.

Doug