My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Ernie Spragg

July 22, 2021 11:22 PM Forum: Antique/Classic/Vintage Optical Instruments

Questar Instruction Manuals on eBay

Posted By Ernie Spragg

Is anyone besides me amazed at the bids the pair of older Questar manuals soon to end on eBay have attracted?

July 29, 2021 06:45 AM Forum: After Dark

Bright, rainbow colored meteor

Posted By Ernie Spragg

I observed a bright meteor at about 11:18 pm PDT tonight from my darkened backyard in Fresno. It was moving n to s and was about 40 degrees above the northeastern horizon. Its path wasn't very long - perhaps 10 degrees. It was very bright - far brighter than Venus or for that matter any other meteor I've ever seen - but it was most remarkable because it burned in a rainbow pattern, that is, multiple colors at the same time, each one stacked upon the next. It left a normal trail that was visible for perhaps 30 seconds. It reminded me, upon reflection, of the unusual colored clouds that the launches from Vandenberg at sunset sometimes produce. The sky was clear and moonless, and it was about 83 degrees F.   I was with a second observer who saw the same unusual display. We were both impressed, almost stunned, by what we had seen. Ernie Spragg

September 6, 2021 09:13 PM Forum: Antique/Classic/Vintage Optical Instruments

Questar Ads in Sky and Telescope

Posted By Ernie Spragg

Hi - does anybody know which 1954 issue of S&T was the first to contain a Questar advertisement? Thanks - Ernie

September 6, 2021 09:13 PM Forum: Antique/Classic/Vintage Optical Instruments

Questar Ads in Sky and Telescope

Posted By Ernie Spragg

Hi - does anybody know which 1954 issue of S&T was the first to contain a Questar advertisement? Thanks - Ernie

October 11, 2021 10:56 PM Forum: After Dark

Bright, rainbow colored meteor

Posted By Ernie Spragg

Amazing. Thanks for sharing.