Mark Eby

IC410 Tadpole Nebula

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Alan Koff

January 10, 2003 08:35 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

How Much FOV for a Rich Field Newt 800mm?

Posted By Alan Koff

I started with a 10 mm Radian 60 FOV. Seems very comfortable for this Newt.
Wondering if I need a 7 mm Nagler and how much use that EP would get compared to going with more Radians or Panoptics with less power and FOV.
Opinions and experiences welcome.
Dark skies,
Al

January 18, 2003 10:05 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

How much FOV Is Too Much For A 800mm Newt?

Posted By Alan Koff

Have an 8" 800mm Nextonian. When it comes to EPs is 65 degrees FOV as much as I'll need? Or is a Nagler worth it for this rich-field scope?
Need some guidance, thanks.

October 4, 2003 04:22 PM Forum: Star Parties

MASP...I'm heading Up for My First Visit

Posted By Alan Koff

Just wondering if anyone out there was there last year or the year before and their thoughts about their experience
This will be my first visit to MASP, and I'm psyched. Previously from south Jersey and the South Jersey Star Party, anyone there last year?
Clear skies,
Al Koff

October 9, 2003 11:32 AM Forum: Eyepieces

Siebert U/UW vs. Panoptics

Posted By Alan Koff

Curious about anyones experiences, one against the other. I presently have two Panis and one Nagler and like all three but, the pricing of these Sieberts looks very attractive.
Headed up to MASP where I believe Siebert is going to be present. Looks like it might be time for a test drive.
Al

October 19, 2003 06:27 AM Forum: Star Parties

MASP Weather Forecast Is Looking GOOD!!!

Posted By Alan Koff

I am sticking my neck out but, the forecast is looking very favorable for the whole week.
Headed up Tuesday after lunch for two nights and possibly back up for Friday or Saturday night.
Looking forward to meeting everyone there on Tuesday.
Dark skies here we come,
Al & Bella

February 27, 2004 01:41 PM Forum: Chinese Optics Imports

Anyone Have Astro 100 Binoculars?

Posted By Alan Koff

I'd like to hear what you think about them. I have a pair of 20x80s that I think the world of for the price.

April 17, 2004 05:27 AM Forum: Coronado-Lunt-DayStar Solar Filters

PST????

Posted By Alan Koff

Anyone hear anything on the"revised" ship date for PSTs?
I just sent an email off the Coronado and will relay any info I receive. Spoke with OPT two weeks ago and they had heard nothing!
Tired of small sun spots(white light filter),
Al

May 4, 2004 05:38 PM Forum: Coronado-Lunt-DayStar Solar Filters

Anyone Get Their PST Yet?

Posted By Alan Koff

Chompin' at the bit for mine! If you got yours tell us about it!
Al

May 15, 2004 04:48 PM Forum: Coronado-Lunt-DayStar Solar Filters

Need Some Solar Advice/Opinions

Posted By Alan Koff

Relative to magnification, what would most of you consider good low power, medium power and higher powers to be using for proms, spots and of course for the upcoming transit?
Red-faced, but green,
Al

May 22, 2004 05:38 PM Forum: Meade

Q&A: 10" Starfinder Newt EQ

Posted By Alan Koff

Anyone with experience with this three year old design I would like to hear from you. The good, the bad, and the ugly. I'm thinking of picking one up that seems to be in excellent shape. Wondering about the factory focuser and such. Any feedback would be appreciated.
If I go through with this buy I will have one of each basic design; a Mak, a refrac and now a reflector.
Al