My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Donald Durbin

March 27, 2004 12:08 AM Forum: Politics

We need a constitutional amendment

Posted By Donald Durbin

We need a constitutional amendment banning members of a U.S. Presidents immediate family from running for public office.

It is too much like a dynasty. It is too easy for the son or daughter of a previous President to break into politics and rise to the top.

Yes, before you ask, I would even draw the line at the son or daughter of a US Congressman.

Don Durbin

August 11, 2004 08:47 AM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

Binoviewers is a boring place without Harry

Posted By Donald Durbin

Herb,

What have you done to the binoviewer forum??? Its so boring I cannnot read it without falling asleep. Its hurts when my head hits the keyboard. When is Harry comming back??? :S

Don Durbin

October 3, 2004 11:40 AM Forum: Politics

The really good reason Bush stays on message.

Posted By Donald Durbin

To All,

The reason that Bush stays on message is that he cannot think on his feet. He is left with parroting whatever his people have told him to say. Any time he is even slightly confused, he will resort to the main theme of "flip-flop and indecisive".

This President has the secret service go out and purge the crowd of any hecklers or dissidents before he speaks. The reason he does this is because he would be unable to give a speech otherwise. Anything that disrupts his concentration drops him into the role of a stammering idiot.

Carefully watch the next debates. If Bush gets flustered he will drop back into the "flip-flop and indecisive" mantra that he has been trained to say, regardless of the subject.

Don Durbin

October 13, 2004 11:34 AM Forum: Politics

Strip search Bush and Kerry

Posted By Donald Durbin

In this age of miniaturized technology, both men need to be strip searched before the start of this debate.

Imagine if a candidate were to have a small receiver and a think tank working with a bank of computers watching the debate, feeding him the answers. The receiver could be hidden under his suit, possibly on his back. This could make a mediocre candidate look very knowledgeable.

Yes I know a similar thread has already been posted. I just felt this needed to be said again.

Don Durbin

BTW... In the second debate...Wasn't that a remarkable improvement in Bush's command of the issues and his general debating skill???

:>)

October 22, 2004 08:26 PM Forum: Politics

hsuB owes big to Osama!

Posted By Donald Durbin

hsuB gets down on his knees every night and thanks almighty God for Osama bin Laden and 911! That was the only thing that could ever make him look Presidential! He was looking for any excuse to take this nation to war in IRAQ and he would never have been able to pull it off without his good buddy Osama!

hsuB has learned from his fathers mistakes. Get the nation into a good war and keep it there. If anyone questions him, he can question their patriotism.

To him there would be no casualties in IRAQ, only photo ops for him to show his grave concern to the widow and the public.

No wonder he cannot find Osama, hsuB is better off with Osama running free.

October 25, 2004 10:43 PM Forum: Politics

Vast explosives cache reported missing in Iraq

Posted By Donald Durbin

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6323933/

Once again the Bush campaign is calling foul. They say the release of this information is politically motivated.

Gee George, if there was any good news coming out of IRAQ I am sure someone would report it, if only for the novelty.

October 27, 2004 11:40 AM Forum: Politics

hsuB's honorable discharge

Posted By Donald Durbin

Can you see this guy in 1968-1972. His daddy is a Texas Congressman/Senate candidate/U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations and so he gets to be a pilot in the Texas Air National Guard. Safe in the knowledge his daddy will protect him, he decides which meetings he will be able to attend, and which ones he can blow off because he is too drunk to drive.

Deciding early that he wants to get into politics like his daddy, he pulls a few strings and transfers himself to the Alabama Air National Guard to work on a campaign for one of daddy's new friends. The other campaign workers say that most of hsuB work was done from a bar stool. In Alabama he decides that he is just too busy on the campaign to bother with the Alabama Air National Guard meetings. In 1972 he refuses a direct order to get a physical. In 1972 a urine test would have been required. His excuse is that he does not need a physical because he is not on flight status. Finally after enough officers had their careers threatened by hsuB and his family, hsuB is honorably discharged. This honorable discharge is later used as evidence that hsuB served honorably.

hsuB often says if his unit would have been called up, he would have gone to Vietnam. Can you really see an Air Guard unit filled with wealthy and privileged people being sent into a combat zone? If by some chance this had happened, do you really think hsub wouldn't have simply transferred to another unit?

When he was finally caught driving while intoxicated, the officers said how cooperative he was. hsuB knew that it was no big deal for him. Of course the one DWI is all we really know about.

October 28, 2004 08:17 PM Forum: Politics

Ayad Allawi unfit to lead?

Posted By Donald Durbin

By hsuB's logic, if you criticize your allies, you are unfit to lead. Looks like Ayad Allawi is going to be next on the hsuB hit list.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1336407,00.html

October 31, 2004 01:03 PM Forum: Politics

A second Civil War?

Posted By Donald Durbin

Looking at the current Election Map, I seem to remember hearing the words "The south shall rise again".

What happens if Kerry wins and hsuB decides not to honor the election? What if hsuB says that God spoke to him and said he has to continue to be the President?

Of course this is all assuming that hsuB loses the election. It also assumes that hsuB is even crazier than I think he is.

November 16, 2004 12:26 AM Forum: Binoviewers

denkmeier.com

Posted By Donald Durbin

What happened to the Denk web site??