My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Lee Zagar

November 11, 2003 10:00 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

D & G Optics

Posted By Lee Zagar

Has anyone heard of D&G Optics? There was an article in my local newspaper (Lancaster, PA) about a local (Manheim, PA) company, D&G Optics, that manufactures refractors in 5" to 11"!, f/12 or f/15, sizes. The prices are very reasonable ($1995 and up for optical tube only), but I have no information about this company.

Lee

April 27, 2004 11:16 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Jupiter 4/20/04

Posted By Lee Zagar

Here is a Jupiter photo from 4/20/04.

LX-90 with Sony F717 digital camera. About 100 images stacked with Registax and processed with Images Plus.

Comments and help with additional processing welcome.

Lee Zagar

May 6, 2004 10:34 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

BC&F Dew Heater Controller

Posted By Lee Zagar

Does anyone know anything about the BC&F Dew Heater Controller? How does it compare to the Kendrick controller?

Lee

February 15, 2005 10:16 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M42 Wide Field

Posted By Lee Zagar

This is my first try of a wide field M42 with my new Orion ED80 and Canon 300D. 60 X 15 seconds processed with ImagesPlus.

Lee

February 25, 2005 05:07 PM Forum: Coronado-Lunt-DayStar Solar Filters

Re: Has any body used a Digital SLR camera with PS

Posted By Lee Zagar

Vars,

I have used my Canon 300D with the PST using eyepiece projection with a 25mm eyepiece. The PST does not have enough back focus for prime focus photography.

Here is a sample of one of my images of the Sun with thePST and in white light with an 80mm refractor.

Lee

August 18, 2005 04:49 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Re: First MEADE DSI image

Posted By Lee Zagar

Great first image. I hope you don't mind, but I did a little processing on your image. Here is the result. It shows how good your image really is.

Lee

October 2, 2005 08:00 AM Forum: Digital SLR AstroPhotography

My best M13 so far

Posted By Lee Zagar

I have been trying to perfect my focus and processing. This is my best M13 so far. LX90 and Canon 300D.
60 X 30 second exposures. Stacked and processed with Images Plus.

Lee

February 21, 2003 07:01 AM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Telephoto lenses

Posted By Lee Zagar

I have a 500mm f/8 mirror lens that I use for piggy back astrophotography. It give about a 2-1/2 X 4 degree field of view, with reasonably good results. I also suggest that you use a lens shade (I use one of the retractable rubber ones) to avoid stray light and to also serve as a dew shield.

This is one of my first attempts to photograph the Double Cluster.

With the low price of these type of lenses you don't have much to lose. Give it a try.

Lee

March 5, 2003 04:43 AM Forum: Eyepieces

Orion Lanthanum Super Wides?

Posted By Lee Zagar

I think the Lanthanum Super Wides have been underrated. I have the 8mm, 13mm and 17mm and the all give clear, crisp views. I wear glasses (astigmatism) and the long eye relief is a great asset.

You should try to find the ones you want here on Astromart. They usually sell for about $160-180 as opposed to the $225-230 new price.

Lee

March 31, 2003 10:48 AM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Processing challenge

Posted By Lee Zagar

I took a shot at reprocessing your image. Here it is.

Lee