My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Mike Van Buskirk

November 22, 2002 03:18 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

advice on software programs...

Posted By Mike Van Buskirk

You can get Starry Night Backyard for free from Kazaa's web site. They also have Photoshop 7.0.
Not that I'm condoning "sharing" software. :-)

November 23, 2002 07:01 AM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

First View with the NEW SERIES of CR150-HD

Doesn't that violate the law of buying a new telescope that states that:

There will be clouds or rain the first night you brought it out?

What gives? :-)

I'm envious and happy for you Larry.

Mike

December 15, 2002 06:51 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Dec. 7th, & Nov. 15th.

"The circle is complete."

Huh?

Did I miss something?

Mike

September 18, 2003 03:27 AM Forum: Religion

Question for Mike V.B.

Mike,

There is no way I could "enforce" it, all I could do is ask that they do so and hope they would not chose otherwise. Knowing my wife, I already know the answer to that.

Mike

October 3, 2003 10:12 PM Forum: Religion

Can God be 'conscious'?

I think you are thinking too hard Paul. LOL

Of course God is conscious.

October 4, 2003 05:45 AM Forum: Religion

The Da Vinci Code

I haven't read it and I know it is fiction, but from the descriptions I read about it from Barnes & Noble's web site it is not only blasphemous it is historically inaccurate.

October 7, 2003 01:27 AM Forum: Religion

Re: Buskirk - Josephus part 1 and 2 now ready

>>I find this final retort of yours very sad indeed. You are basically stating that you do not think you possess the faculties to think for yourself. I do not believe that. I think you should read the information I posted, and think about it.

Mike,

You misunderstand what I meant. I meant that when it comes to accounts of ancient history there will be differing opinions amongst different scholars and since I do not live in the halls of acadamia and do not have the time to research these things myself firsthand, I can only rely on the authors of whom I read. I mentioned Dr. Paul Maier and his knowledge of Josephus and you came right back with an answer that you could have a rebuttal for his statements.
Since he is a proffessor of ancient history and is extremely knowledgable, how do you think I will react to you supposedly correcting him?
How does one get anywhere in a discussion when it comes down to that? That was my point. I am just a lowly heavy-equipment operator. :-)

Mike

October 10, 2003 05:09 AM Forum: Religion

Scientists who believed

Why am I not surprised that you would have a different opinion?

Mike

November 4, 2003 02:50 AM Forum: Religion

Another taste of hate...

We discussed this topic on a Christian Forum already and we all agreed that it is deplorable.
How someone can call themselves a Christian and say the things this so-called "minister" does is beyond me.
I went to this guy's web site and if you ask me he could develop into another Jim Jones with the blind following the blind. Sad indeed.
This kind of deplorable behavior only drags Christ's name through the mud.