My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: jeff glancy

December 25, 2009 12:34 PM Forum: Religion

Hmm

Posted By jeff glancy

With everyone around here so open minded and tolerant (if you don't believe me, just ask 'em), why would you want to do that?

December 25, 2009 02:20 PM Forum: Religion

First sin.

Posted By jeff glancy

I always thought the first sin was the sin of pride - when Lucifer declared: I will not serve, and was cast out of heaven along with those angels that followed him. If that be the case, then one could infer that all of Lucifer's followers also sinned. I don't know how many there were, but no way E&A could've committed the first sin.
As far as the apple story goes, all I'm sure of is that the Almighty got plenty po'd.

January 12, 2010 12:23 PM Forum: Digital SLR AstroPhotography

Horsehead with TMB100/800

Posted By jeff glancy

Nice,nice job. I envy you. What mount did you have the scope on and what camera filter(s), settings did you use. Hell, I'm impressed!

January 15, 2010 09:44 PM Forum: Eyepieces

Widefields: Are They Worth It?

Posted By jeff glancy

I have a lot of ep's but as far as what gets used, I'm pretty much down to two: a 13mm ethos and a 22mm T4 Nagler. I might seil some of my naglers and spring for a higher power ethos for planetary especially with Mars on its way. At the other end, for me,the price tag on the 21mm ethos put it alongside the element: unobtanium.

January 22, 2010 02:15 AM Forum: Eyepieces

Ethos: I Took The Plunge

Posted By jeff glancy

I doubt that you'll come to regret it. I'm giving a lot of thought to getting my second.

January 27, 2010 11:55 AM Forum: SCI-FI

Posted By jeff glancy

Just got around to seeing it. Very entertaining. In terms of the visuals a real WOW! But they could earn an Oscar for most unoriginal script. Still a much, much better movie then "It's Complicated" which my wife insisted we see. It would be better titled: It's Boring.

February 11, 2010 02:43 PM Forum: Ask rating questions here

Ratings given/recieved?

Posted By jeff glancy

I think that if you have a small number of transactions, that it's wise to ask for a rating. It's really the only way we have of policing the buy/sell situation and it's really the only decent line of defense that a buyer has. Also, if you're a buyer it's even more important to post a rating.
When I see something that I'm interested in the first thing I look for is what prior transactions the seller has been involved in and what people think of him/her. I also look to see how long you've been around. I would guess that most folks do the same thing. When I think about it, I'm amazed that on some occasions, I've literally sent thousands and thousands of dollars to a perfect stranger and things have gone without a hitch (knock on wood).

May 16, 2010 04:02 PM Forum: Investment Discussions

The European bailout

Posted By jeff glancy

Eventually 2 events have to occur and thanks to Greece, I now believe they will happen sooner rather than later: someone will speak the simple truth - that there isn't a snowballs chance in hell that Greece will make good on its bailout. Secondly it spreads to the point that people ACKNOWLEDGE that simple truth and then start looking at the indebtedness of the rest of the world and realize what is true for Greece is true for many other countries - and most likely out own.
At that point, I only have guesses as to what will take place. Most of them are the kind you tell yourself will never happen. That's enough to make me think that they might. Kind of scary.

May 19, 2010 07:18 PM Forum: Investment Discussions

Nowhere to run, Nowhere to hide

Posted By jeff glancy

I think you make a good point. I also think one has to ask why? For gold to suffer as miserably as some brightly colored pieces of paper with no hard backing and issued by countries devoid of fiscal discipline does not make sense.

June 26, 2010 12:21 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

50th Anniversary: "The Magnificent Seven"

Posted By jeff glancy

One of the best westerns ever, up there with Hondo, The Wild Bunch, Shane, and The Searchers.