New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: jeff glancy

May 11, 2011 01:37 AM Forum: Politics

Obama Showed As Much Courage As Seal Team 6

Posted By jeff glancy

Maybe, but maybe not.

http://socyberty.com/issues/white-house-insider-obama-hesitated-panetta-issued-order-to-kill-osama-bin-laden/

I don't know if anything in the link is true or not. However, Valerie Jarrett has been among the missing of late.
More and more I appreciate Obama's wisdom of having people like Clinton, Pinetta and Gates in his administration.

May 11, 2011 01:37 AM Forum: Politics

Obama Showed As Much Courage As Seal Team 6

Posted By jeff glancy

Maybe, but maybe not.

http://socyberty.com/issues/white-house-insider-obama-hesitated-panetta-issued-order-to-kill-osama-bin-laden/

I don't know if anything in the link is true or not. However, Valerie Jarrett has been among the missing of late.
More and more I appreciate Obama's wisdom of having people like Clinton, Panetta and Gates in his administration.

May 14, 2011 11:24 PM Forum: Politics

Fair Value of Oil: $60.00/Exxon

Posted By jeff glancy

Well the world seems to think otherwise. Maybe it would be $60 if we weren't busily printing so many American pesos (apologies to Mexico). Even at $4/gallon I can't think of any other commodity that gives us so much for so little cost.

May 20, 2011 12:44 PM Forum: Politics

1967 Boarders

Posted By jeff glancy

Jonathan Pollard, the Liberty - Israel deserves our consideration but we should remember that their interests are not always our interests.
The hard right Israelis and the radical Arabs, these people want victory; not peace.

May 27, 2011 05:27 PM Forum: Politics

Can't ever have enough TSA bashing....

Posted By jeff glancy

I would suggest that we disband the whole organization.
The American people have to realize that living entails a degree of risk - period. Thy have to understand that the mode of travel they choose is their choice and along with choosing it; they choose the risk associated with it.
Leave the issues of security (and their associated costs) with the airlines and be done with it.
No subsidies, no regulation, nada. And no more complaints.

May 27, 2011 09:43 PM Forum: Politics

Oslo: ALL Rapes in Last 5 Years Commited By Muslim

Posted By jeff glancy

I find that to be incredible. Then I thought of the American female reporter who was gang raped in Egypt during the recent demonstrations and of the general intolerance that seems to permeate so many Islamic countries/societies regarding women and religious minorities and it doesn't seem so incredible.

June 6, 2011 11:26 AM Forum: Politics

Palin Stands By Her Correct Account of Revere's Ri

Posted By jeff glancy

When it comes to information that most of us learn in grades 1 - 12 or even in college, Sarah Palin is simply a dumbbell. However when it comes to earning a living she is very smart indeed. Fortunately, for her and others involved in the U.S. political scene, there is nothing in the Constitution about dumbbells.
In any case, given the dumbing down of the educational system at all levels, I don't think any of us should be surprised.

June 19, 2011 05:36 AM Forum: Politics

What would you cut?

Posted By jeff glancy

Cut 15% across the board to include all entitlements. Abolish the FDA, Homeland Security, etc. I would cap all retirement contribution that are deductible at $6500. Would also eliminate the mortgage deduction and all federal student loans and grants except for those studying hard science/engineering/foreign languages (other than Spanish, French or German). I would recover medicare payments to MD's whose patient dies within 30 days after receiving a major procedure and MD's billing for procedures not performed would be be fined $250,000 and serve at least 12 months no parole, hard time. The list goes on. Let the chips fall where they may.
Having said that, I would also raise income taxes to 35% on all income over $500k; impose a 3% national sales tax on all items above $3,000, and bring back the military draft. Would also hand the Saudis the bill for 9/11 and its aftermath and bill Iraq for all services rendered since the fall of Saddam.

December 14, 2011 05:47 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

The Predator Drone in Iran

Posted By jeff glancy

I think your point about having a self destruct mechanism on board is so obvious that I can't believe that someone in the military hasn't mentioned it. It would be somewhat comforting to hear someone say that they had one on board but that it failed. Instead we are left to out imagination and mine is telling me that we have a bumper crop of boneheaded individuals who have more then risen to their level of incompetence. I am sure that the Russians and Chinese will admire and appreciate the best that American engineering has to offer. Nothing like picking up the tab for the other guy's R&D.

December 18, 2011 04:05 PM Forum: Politics

Obama: I'm 4th Best President In American History

Posted By jeff glancy

History will judge, why worry about it?