Posts Made By: jeff glancy

January 30, 2012 07:27 PM Forum: Politics

Obama hands another issue to the Republicans

Posted By jeff glancy

Solyndra, then Keystone, and now Brazil thumbing their nose at the administration - makes me think that when it comes to energy, Obama & friends are engaged in some perverse form of reverse Darwinism.
On energy, Mr. Transformational and those around him, don't know their ass from third base.

January 31, 2012 06:53 PM Forum: Politics

More Grist

Posted By jeff glancy

In South Carolina it appears we have a similar problem with teachers - but in fairness, SC is not nearly so generous. At $101K/yr in retirement at age 52, I would guess that half the state would be standing in line to become a parole officer.
Still the teachers take their pension and then go back to work for the school system. I don't think that's unreasonable in itself but what I do find unreasonable is that they are brought back in at the salary step they retired with. Bad news for a lot of fresh young talented teachers looking for a job, and bad news for taxpayers who wind up with less then the best. And lets face facts - starting step A pays a lot less then retired step X.
Can't bitch about the unions on this one - it's the 'ol boy network and our "conservative" Gov. Nicki won't touch it.

February 1, 2012 07:23 PM Forum: Politics

Sleeping With The Devil?

Posted By jeff glancy

<>

Well I think there is an inherent immorality in letting the poor who are sick go untreated; letting people work in dangerous conditions without doing something to abate that danger; letting the hungry starve. You get the idea. Sounds like he's an Ann Coulter wanna be. Hope he looks as good in a dress.

February 2, 2012 03:44 PM Forum: Politics

Don't expect government to shrink much...

Posted By jeff glancy

Truthfully I don't know what Romney would do as president. But he does have a track record of making large organizations run better and that would be a plus over the sorry situation we have had for administration, after administration after...ad nauseam.
As for reducing the size of government, having spent a couple of years in the Army and wasting 5 years of my life working for the Feds, I can assure you that at least 10% of the Army and 10% of the branch of government that I worked for could disappear and no one would notice except the folks who were out the door. Time to not only downsize but bring government salaries and bennies into line with the real world.

February 5, 2012 04:27 PM Forum: Politics

This Is A Godless Forum

Posted By jeff glancy

<>

Thank God for that.

February 5, 2012 04:34 PM Forum: Politics

Interesting IF ADP Got It Right

Posted By jeff glancy

ADP runs payroll for a whole bunch on companies that don't want the expense or headache of doing it in house. I would think that what they report would be more on target then any government generated statistic(s). However, no matter who runs the numbers, it still comes down white lies, damn lies and statistics.
It's good to see the numbers looking up.

February 8, 2012 04:17 AM Forum: Politics

Obama Flip-flop

Posted By jeff glancy

Who cares? Our elections have become an orgy of spending and mud slinging. Without campaign finance reform nothing will change.

February 9, 2012 05:22 AM Forum: Politics

Santorum Sweep

Posted By jeff glancy

I ordered this the other day:

http://www.cafepress.com/+not_republican_not_democrat_pissed_off_light_ts,406407457

I think there are an awful lot of people out there trying to send the Republican establishment "a message".
I also think that if someone had had the courage to challenge Mr. Obama that an equal number would be sending a similar message to the Democrat establishment.

March 16, 2012 04:50 AM Forum: Politics

Congresswoman slips up.......

Posted By jeff glancy

Saw it She made a fool of herself. She embarrasses the libs the way Rush embarrasses conservatives -I would think the only difference is that no one takes her even half seriously.

May 16, 2012 02:15 PM Forum: Politics

California Budget

Posted By jeff glancy

California has managed to shoot itself in the foot in so many ways. Too many unrealistic democrats, too many unrealistic republicans, way too many special interests, and way too little common sense. Their problems are solvable if normal people were running things but government and politics doesn't seem to attract normal people. However they seem to be a magnet for those with special interests.