Need Help?

Posts Made By: jeff glancy

February 8, 2012 08:39 PM Forum: Politics

Yet more on Iran

Posted By jeff glancy

Are things getting worse:
http://news.discovery.com/space/iran-satellite-launch-120203.html

Or are the sanctions starting to work:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/08/us-iran-asia-trade-idUSTRE8170Q420120208?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&rpc=71&google_editors_picks=true

August 2, 2012 10:50 PM Forum: My Favorite WIMP.COM or YOUTUBE.COM

How not to fish

Posted By jeff glancy

These guys are a couple of cut ups:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrKm3Qzh3vc

August 6, 2003 10:16 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Zoom + Barlow Experiences

Posted By jeff glancy

I have the Nikon zoom (modified spotting scope ep 7-21mm) and I use it with a barlow (TV big barlow, but I believe the Ultima or its clones, would yield similar results). IMO, the Nikon blows the doors off of the 3-6 Nagler and is better than, or equal to my 5.2 Pentax (with or without barlow). If Nikon starts making ep's - Televue, and everyone else that makes high end, ep's, is in for a run for the money.

September 27, 2003 01:26 PM Forum: Binoviewers

Ranking the best Bino's

Posted By jeff glancy

Maybe it's just me, but it seems kind of silly to rank/rate something you've never taken the time to try. Kind of flies in the face of fairness.
Just my opinion.
Regards,
Jeff

November 20, 2003 12:41 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Why so many 7mm Naglers for sale

Posted By jeff glancy

Sold mine because I got tired of looking for another 7mmT1 that was made in Japan so I could mate them up for binoviewing. Don't know how many times I compared it to the Tiwanese version, but to these eyes the Japan would always win a one on one comparison. Decided to go with a pair of 7mm Pentax's. Just easier to find a pair that match. With the exception of fov, I always gave the edge to the Japanese Nagler - and the Pentax is a killer ep.
I figure the differences between the Japanese and Tiwanese Naglers has got to be nil, but even when I had someone else mix 'em up for a test, on cccasion I might have said that it was too close to call, but I've never picked the Tiwanese version as the winner. The Japanese version tho' won time after time.
When I sold the Nagler on Astromart - it went in less than 5 minutes and I'm going to miss it.

March 10, 2004 04:19 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Selling to the uk

Posted By jeff glancy

I sold to several folks in the UK and Australia. Nicest people in the world to deal with. Shipping can be a pain in the A. Especially when things don't go right, and the shipper sends a supplemental bill for their error. Yes it really happened.
Other than that it's just no big deal. Considering what things go for in Europe, can't blame you for shopping the US market.

March 11, 2004 05:30 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Tell me what you think?

Posted By jeff glancy

Sounds fair and reasonable to me. Either a person wants what they bought or they don't. IMO a refund is the only way to go.

July 14, 2004 04:32 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Rats! Drat! I am a moron!

Posted By jeff glancy

Tom:
Keep it in perspective. As my old man once told me: You got your wife. You got your kids. You got your health. The rest don't amount to a piss hole in the snow.
Bottom line: if money can fix it; it isn't broken.
Sorry about the mirror tho'. Seems like a good opprotunity to upgrade. Aperture rules!

July 15, 2004 03:11 PM Forum: Religion

Thought for the Day, 14.07.04

Posted By jeff glancy

"It's easier to get forgiveness than permission." - anon.

January 26, 2008 11:00 AM Forum: Eyepieces

free ethos compliments Uncle Sam

Posted By jeff glancy

You really need to think it through. The government doesn't have the money - they're tapped out. At the very best, what you're getting is a loan of your money (assuming you pay taxes) that you or your offspring will have to pay back, with interest, to the government whose fronting you the dough. The absolute best situation is that you don't pay taxes and that your progeny are planning to follow in your footsteps in which case the Ethos will be a free ride. Sorry to be a wet blanket, enjoy the Ethos, the one I ordered has been in the backorder nether-world for sometime.