New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Brian Richardson

August 27, 2003 11:54 AM Forum: Takahashi

FS-102... What adaptors are needed....

Posted By Brian Richardson

Hi all,
I hope that someone in the forum will be able to answer a few questions that I have on the 102. I am planning on purchasing the scope to use with my ST-7e and TAK focal corrector as well as visually with 2" eyepieces. What "goodies" will I need to pick up?

Thanks in advance
Brian

April 22, 2004 05:19 PM Forum: Takahashi

Yet another person weakening...

Is the FSQ a _huge_ leap forward over the FS-102?
Will it be stable for photography on a GM-8?
Let me know what you think.
Brian

October 3, 2004 04:57 AM Forum: Takahashi

FS-102 experience

Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to share what I experienced this morning.
As many of you know I am currently selling my FS-102. I took the scope out this morning to confirm its operation and here is my log of the event!

I woke up around 5:00 and started thinking that if I wanted to confirm the operation of the scope, now might be a good time. So I got dressed and went downstairs. After going thru my typical morning rituals (letting out the dogs and the like), I went to the living room and there was my FS-102 perched on her GM-8 ready to go. I was thinking to myself, well I better get this over with. I picked up the scope and took it outside and plopped it down on my deck. I let it cool down for less than 10 minutes before grabbing a diagonal and an 11mm Nagler eyepiece. I saw Venus just hanging in the sky and manually moved the scope to her. I looked thru the eyepiece and thought to myself, nice view.
Grabbed the mount and moved over to the moon and put it in the finder, Pain in the neck I thought to myself. After centering it in the finder I went to the eyepiece and centered to blob in the OTA then grabbed the focuser and snapped it into focus. SWEET!!! I’m thinking to myself. I then grabbed a 26mm lens and stuck it in still SWEET!!!!
Grabbed the mount and moved it to M42 and went back to the eyepiece and started viewing. Nice view, there is the Trapezium. I see 4 major elements and the whole of M42. I then grabbed my 11mm eyepiece and put it in the diagonal and looked. I immediately went brain dead. This is INCREDIBLE I thought to myself why the heck am I selling this thing! Then reality struck, it’s a money thing. So I just kicked back and enjoyed the view on M42. I WILL be back! This scope ROCKS!

Thanks for listening
Brian

December 2, 2004 08:11 AM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

Here is a thought

Here is a thought, FWIW
Like many others, I do not have a problem with an annual subscription fee. It is worth $12.00 a year just to come here and look around.
Here is what I think would lead Astromart to a STRONG financial footing.
1) Collect annual due of $12.00 to $20.00 from anyone wanting to advertise. After paying these the subscriber can do everything we are doing now.
2) Collect a per ad fee of 1.00 and “deduct” it from the subscription fee. After 12 ads there will be a 1.00 charge.
3) Allow supporters to have a “free subscription” during there support period
4) Now the BIGGIE… Have Astromart serve as Paypal. 3% charge for items sold using the service.
Financial liquidity rapidly! And we can put an end to all of this nonsense.

May 15, 2005 04:21 PM Forum: Digital SLR AstroPhotography

DSLR and Dark Frames

Hi Everyone,
How do you take dark frames with a DSLR? Do you have to use the "hat trick" method?

May 16, 2005 05:01 PM Forum: Digital SLR AstroPhotography

February 5, 2007 03:12 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Beating the Horse... Again :0)

Hi all,

After seeing so many... Here is the black and white start of mine.

FSQ/ST-2000/G-11 Gemini

May 21, 2007 03:09 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Re: Donations to AM

Hi Jim,

It is good to have you on-board!

If you are a private individual all you need to do is sign up (cost is $12.00US I think) It is really that easy.

You are also able to support Astromart by becoming a supporter... It is worth every penny in my book! Click on the words "Support Astromart" on the upper right of your screen and you will be taken to a page that has all of the information that you need.

Brian

Brian

April 19, 2008 12:14 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M106 In a 4" Scope

Hi Everyone,

It has been a while since I have posted an Image. Here is a shot that I took of M106 with my FSQ. I am looking for critical feedback on it. I am not real happy with it soooo... Please give me ideas on what I can do to pull out more detail!

Shot details
Exposures:140 300 second luminance - Total of 11 hours and 40 minutes taken on four different nights (...Don't hold me to that one smile )
Scope:Takahashi FSQ-106n
Camera:ST-2000 and A'Don filters
Mount:Losmandy G-11 with Gemini

Many Thanks for any and all feedback!

Brian

April 20, 2008 05:54 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M106 LRGB - 22 hours 20 minutes

Hi All,

Welp, I have attempted to put an LRGB together of M106 (my "first" real one). Please look it over an give me feedback so I can apply them to the next "shot" at the data. The Luminance and RGB are being redone so I'll probably bug you again with this one...

Image Info:
Luminance - 11 hours and 40 minutes total gathered in 5 minute subs
Red - 230 minutes; 3 hours and 50 minutes in 10 minute subs
Green - 170 minutes; 2 hours 50 minutes in 10 minute subs
Blue - 290 minutes; 4 hours 50 minutes in 10 minute subs

Hardware used: Takahashi FSQ/SBIG ST-2000 (longing for an STL6303)/Losmandy G-11 with Gemini.

Brian