New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Brian Richardson

September 13, 2010 08:59 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

NGC7822

Posted By Brian Richardson

Rolando,

Great looking shot! How did you arrive at a 20 minute sub exposure duration? Could you have gone deeper (longer) with the sub and gained better s/n ratio? ...umm, don't get me wrong, GREAT shot! I am just considering new cameras and asking stupid questions smile

Brian

October 3, 2010 06:41 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

IC 1396 and vdB 142

Great shot Jim! ...Think about an H-Alpha only version. While on the subject, why did you choose 9 minute subs for the H-Alpha?

Brian

November 6, 2010 02:04 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

NGC 2244 - Rosette Nebula Core

Very well done Anthony! The monochrome is fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

Brian

November 20, 2010 12:00 AM Forum: Audio

Crown Amps...

Tony,

Well, you could always take a look at a Rotel stereo amp like the rb-1070. Great sounding piece... if your budget can reach that far (approx. 400.00 used). Another contender would be a Outlaw, any of them. What were you thinking for a budget?

May 1, 2011 09:06 PM Forum: Audio

any other tube heads here?

...Another tube head here. I have a Bottlehead Stereomour 2A3 integrated and a pair of QuickSilver Mid Mono EL34 tube amps and a Hagerman CornettII tube phono stage.

February 5, 2012 01:41 AM Forum: Prayer Line

My Wife

Jeff,

I do not know what to say other than be strong for her, she needs you.

Brian

March 24, 2012 11:33 PM Forum: Prayer Line

My Mother

Thank you everyone for the kind posts. I am still numb and wish that I could do more.

Again, put a good word with the man upstairs. She can use it.

Brian

April 22, 2012 02:12 AM Forum: Prayer Line

My Mother

All,

I thank you for your prayers. My Mother passed away at 10:45 on Tuesday (4/17/12). Two months after her cancer diagnosis. She was buried today.

My step Father, big sister, little sister, her grandson(and his wife, what a special lady she is), grand daughter and I were by her side at the end. 66 years young.

Wife, Mom and Mamaw; we miss you more than words can express.

Brian

November 29, 2004 05:46 PM Forum: Polls

AstroMart should...

I agree with a lot of the points made and would like to hear what Herb has to say.
What would generate enough money?
Subscriptions might drive off "newbies" unless a subsciption would be required by sellers only.
I am planning on becoming a supporter myself and I really don't want to look at a bunch of ad's.

March 7, 2009 12:48 PM Forum: Polls

The new administration ....

Herb,

Thank you for putting in words what is going around in my head! What is it going to take to help the economy... give money to the bottom (me) of the pyramid or give it to the top? Neither works and nothing is being done to stimulate the small to medium size business that have built our economy.

Who's to blame? Our new President? Absolutely not! I do not agree with the way that this mess is being handled by him but I have never been a fan of flushing money down the toilet.

Brian