Posts Made By: Craig Burlette

August 13, 2003 11:11 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Using Macintosh & Web-cams

Posted By Craig Burlette

Does anyone have any sugestions on software to run a Philips Vesta webcam on a Mac to capture astro pix? I am running a G4 with system 9 and 10.2. Any information and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

August 22, 2003 12:59 PM Forum: Telescope Making

Finished my new scope!

Posted By Craig Burlette

With the help of the good people on this list I've finally finished my 10" reflector. The mirror is a 10" Burgess f5 with an Antares secondary, Novack curved vane holder, JMI DX2 focuser and Meade LX 55 mount with custom wooden legs, shortened to keep the focuser at a reasonable height. The tube is inspired by the work of Chuck Fellows and is cedar wraped in fiberglass. The tube alone weigh's about 2-3 lbs and will recieve a dew shield with internal baffles. The amazing thing is that all of my eyepieces reach focus! This was my first telescope building project and I want to thank everyone who post's and responds to the telescope making forum for having helped with the project.

August 22, 2003 01:26 PM Forum: Chinese Optics Imports

I just finished my 10" reflector

Posted By Craig Burlette

I've finally finished my 10" reflector, the mirror is a 10" Burgess f5 with an Antares secondary, Novak curved vane holder, JMI DX2 focuser and Meade LX 55 mount with custom wooden legs, shortened to keep the focuser at a reasonable height. The tube is inspired by the work of Chuck Fellows and is cedar wraped in fiberglass. The tube alone weigh's about 2-3 lbs and will recieve a dew shield with internal baffles. The amazing thing is that all of my eyepieces reach focus! This was my first telescope building project and I'm very pleased with it's performance.

August 24, 2003 02:35 PM Forum: Telescope Making

Dob Base plans

Posted By Craig Burlette

I'm looking for idea's or plans to build a dob base for my new scope. Any idea's on an equatorial dob base?

September 1, 2003 01:05 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Using a 2" barlow with 1.25 eyepieces

Posted By Craig Burlette

I have a couple of 2" eyepieces and would love to have a 2" barlow in order to doubble my options. What is the efect of using a 2" barlow with 1.25" eyepieces? Is their any benefit to doing it this way? Any problems? Does anyone have an opinion on the University Optic 2" barlow? Is this a good choice or should I go for a teleview or any other suggestions?

September 1, 2003 01:06 AM Forum: Eyepieces

Using a 2" barlow with 1.25" eyepieces

Posted By Craig Burlette

I have a couple of 2" eyepieces and would love to have a 2" barlow in order to doubble my options. What is the efect of using a 2" barlow with 1.25" eyepieces? Is their any benefit to doing it this way? Any problems? Does anyone have an opinion on the University Optic 2" barlow? Is this a good choice or should I go for a teleview or any other suggestions?

September 1, 2003 02:02 AM Forum: Eyepieces

Siebert Barlow's

Posted By Craig Burlette

Can anyone roport on the performance of Sieberts barlow's, particularly the 2" that is reported to be similar to the Teleview barlow? How does this compare to a University Optic barlow?

September 9, 2003 11:51 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

CCD Astro-Photo's & Macintosh

Posted By Craig Burlette

What CCD camera's work with Mac's? I am looking to upgrade my Vesta Pro and would like to know what systems work best with mac's.

Thanks
Craig

October 3, 2003 11:34 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Mosaic tutorial?

Posted By Craig Burlette

Is their a tutorial anywhere on the web that describes how to create a mosaic? I think it can be done with Graphic converter or Photoshop but I'd like to have an idea where to start stiching together my own moon pictures.

October 9, 2003 02:27 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

First Moon Mosaic

Posted By Craig Burlette

Here's my first attempt at a moon mosaic, about 20 individual pix pasted together in photoshop. I need to work on contrast/brightness and blending the edges of the individual pix, and there is little rotation in the final set of pictures, due to poor EQ alignment of the scope. Homebuilt Burgess 10" reflector SAC IVc at prime, no stacking or retouching after pasting together, with a Mac G4 laptop.