Posts Made By: Craig Burlette

December 10, 2003 03:06 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Mintron MTV-12V1-EX on a mac?

Posted By Craig Burlette

Is the Mintron the same Cam as a Stellacam EX? I have recently recieved a Stellacam EX and have 1 night of imaging with it. I record to my Sony digital 8 camcorder, then import via firewire into i Movie to select clips and save as Quicktime then import into Keith's image stacker for processing. This is a result of my first basic attempt. The Orion Nebula, Trapezium through a 10" reflector with 2x barlow and Mogg .6 focal reducer. Stack of 20 frames with no post processing.

January 14, 2004 11:12 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

M 42 Ha

Posted By Craig Burlette

Nice image Mark, what camera/imager did you use?

February 24, 2004 08:44 PM Forum: Telescope Making

Is Kenneth Novak still in business?

Posted By Craig Burlette

Steve, I have recently purchased several items from Novak, namely a spider and 3 different sized secondary holders. The last purchase was 2 month's ago. You can reach them at: 715-532-5102.

PS I'm just down the road from you in Lake St. Louis.

April 22, 2004 02:39 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Canon 10D vs Nikon D70 Digital SLR

Posted By Craig Burlette

Can anyone explain why with a webcam the CCD chips are prefered over CMOS chips, but with DSLR's the CMOS camera is prefered over the CCD camera?

September 14, 2004 04:33 PM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

Why is Astromart so slow on AOL

Posted By Craig Burlette

I don't know If I've ever seen such a consensis on Astromart! nearly 100% in favor of dumping AOL, and the one AOL user didn't necessarily dissagree! But it still doesn't solve my problem...

October 3, 2004 07:29 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Venus Sep 29th

Posted By Craig Burlette

Here's my first Saturn of the year, taken with the Toucam and a 2x barlow and IR filter. Approx 120 frames stacked out of 300.

February 10, 2005 03:40 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M81-82 region

Posted By Craig Burlette

Tom

Great shot, it looks like you picked up a little of 14th magnitude pgc 28757 just below M81.

Craig

March 8, 2005 02:36 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

widefield orion with canon 300d adapted to zuiko

Posted By Craig Burlette

Great first attempt Dan! You even got a little of the Flame Nebula which is a dificult target!