My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Luis De Vivero

November 28, 2002 01:38 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Meade AR-5 vs Nexstar 5/5i

Posted By Luis De Vivero

Need help in deciding which scope is the best for overall observations (ie; planetary, dso, etc). I live in the gateway of light pollution (Los Angeles). I have read good reviews on both GoTo scopes and would like feedback on which to choose. I keep flip flopping between the two. Please Help!

November 30, 2002 06:29 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Nexstar 5/5i

Posted By Luis De Vivero

Thinking about purchasing a Nexstar 5 as my primary scope. Any thoughts from Nexstar 5 USERS/OWNERS? Which eyepieces would be suggested? I am leaning towards using a Parks Barlow and their gold ocular eyepieces (10mm/15mm). Any thoughts? Thanks

December 29, 2002 04:47 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Finderscope

Posted By Luis De Vivero

I have a Nexstar 5i. I would like to add a right angle finderscope (8x50 or 9x50) to the OTA and still keep the Celestron red dot finderscope mounted. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Luis

January 12, 2003 07:46 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Longtitude/Latitude Coordinates

Posted By Luis De Vivero

Does anyone know how to search for longtitude/latitude coordinates online? I'm trying to get the specific coordinates for my home address. I have a Nexstar 5i and would like to input the coordinates into the Nexstar computerized hand controller. Thanks & Clear Skies to everyone! Luis

February 12, 2003 12:00 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

2" Diagonal

Posted By Luis De Vivero

Hello fellow Astromarters. I need some seasoned advice on purchasing a 2" diagonal. I have a Celestron Nexstar 5i and currently using an enhanced mirror 1.25 diagonal from StellarVue. I have collection of TeleVue Plossls (32mm,25mm 15mm,11mm) and University Orthos (9mm, 7mm)in my arsenal. I was considering purchasing a 2" William Optics SCT Diagonal($130 for a 1/10 wave/97% reflectivity mirror). Good choice or not? Am I better off sticking to what I have? Any input will be helpful. Thanks, Luis

March 23, 2003 08:40 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

GTO Proxima 31mm Eyepiece

Posted By Luis De Vivero

Anyone had any experience with this 2 inch eyepiece from Hands On Optics? I currently enjoy a TeleVue 32mm Plossl as my low power eyepiece. I was thinking of selling it in favor of the Proxima with a f.o.v of 71 degrees. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

P.S. I'm not quite ready to step up into the Nagler/Panoptic price range just yet. Thanks, Luis De Vivero

April 1, 2003 11:49 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

TV 12mm Radian v. U.O. 12mm Konig II

Posted By Luis De Vivero

Any thoughts between the two eyepieces. I am leaning towards purchasing the Radian but is the extra $160.00 worth it? Is the Radian "that" much better than the Konig. I've heard great things about the Radian line. I would be using it in Nexstar 5 -f/10. Would I see a major difference between the two? Any input is appreciated. Luis

P.S. I do own a U.O.16mm Konig which gets a lot more use than my TV 15mm Plossl.

April 15, 2003 06:58 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Laser Collimators

Posted By Luis De Vivero

Do laser collimators work on SCT's? I know that their primarily used for Newtonians but was wondering if they would work in SCTs. Thanks, Luis

May 3, 2003 12:56 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Intes Alter 603/MK66 v. NeXstar 5i

Posted By Luis De Vivero

I have a very well collimated Nexstar 5i. I know that this Celestron 5 inch OTA is a proven winner. My main interests are planets, messier objects & double stars. I was debating whether or not I should purchase a 6 inch Russian Mak. Either the Intes Alter 603 or an MK66. Would changing to a Mak design and adding an inch in aperture over my N5 give me a noticeable improvement in visual observations? Or would they be more subtle? I have heard many great things about the Intes Maks and have read countless positive reviews on them. I was wondering if the change would be worth it. Or am I better off staying put and purchase a larger scope (down the road) in conjunction with my N5. Any input is always appreciated. Thanks, Luis.

May 13, 2003 12:34 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

LXD 55 Mount

Posted By Luis De Vivero

What's the load bearing capacity of this mount? Can it hold a MN 76 (27lbs + accessories)and track well? Thanks, Luis