My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Mark Keitel

April 2, 2002 05:49 PM Forum: Home Observatories

Observatory UNDER construction

Posted By Mark Keitel

Here you go. One of the few home observatories where the floor is 26' off the gound. And there is actually a "Stairway to Heaven"

Herb, very nice new look on the Forum. Will take some getting use to but the changes are for the better

April 3, 2002 09:02 AM Forum: Takahashi

My set-up, At the WSP

Posted By Mark Keitel

Here is my Set-up from the WSP
Mewlon 300, FSQ, and on the back side a FC60
FSQ and mount are gone now, Bigger and better now

April 3, 2002 01:13 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Traveler on Amart Back down to earth

Posted By Mark Keitel

This is one of the adds that just a week ago was asking $4700 for the scope. I guess after no takers they realize that the scope is not worth that much and re-listed it for $3500. Now lets see if the other one that was asking $4900 has gotten his head out of the clouds too

April 5, 2002 03:07 PM Forum: Home Observatories

Roll off roof or not???

Posted By Mark Keitel

We decided to keep a crane in the yard to take the roof off and on from the third story. Just made it alot more fun this way.

Seriouly. Here is the roof being brought to the top of the building today. This will be our roll off roof.

April 11, 2002 04:45 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Amart Rating Star Colors

Posted By Mark Keitel

Herb,

I know that you have the colors of the stars change at certain levels. Really not sure what those numbers are. Not that I am there, but why not have another color change at 100? ONLY one there now, but in time there will be more, especially sice this site is so popular

April 21, 2002 10:37 AM Forum: Refractors

Refractor are great for wide field

Posted By Mark Keitel

As far as I am concerned Refractors are great for ide field observing. As far as up close and personal in planets a Dall Kirkham wins. Personally I have both mounted together to get the best of both worlds. When you want to look at a planet though a larger Dall Kirkham wins hands down over even a 9" refractor.

April 22, 2002 11:30 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Pay Pals, FYI

Posted By Mark Keitel

Some of us love using this service
UNTIL the following happens to you

There is a class action suit against them in four states today and growing. If you want to find out why and if this could happen to you read this

http://www.paypalwarning.com/
http://www.paypalwarning.com/ClassActionNews

May 3, 2002 11:16 AM Forum: Home Observatories

Observatory UNDER construction 3rd floor

Posted By Mark Keitel

Here are a couple of pics of this work in progress
This is what the structure looks like from the gound
The roof is rolled off only halfway in this picture, and we got rid of the crane and decided to go with a 1/2 horse power motor to operate this 2,600 lbs roof

May 13, 2002 04:29 AM Forum: Takahashi

Mewlon 300 set-up

Posted By Mark Keitel

This is my Mewlon 300 set-up. This is my Star Party set-up, NOT a one night rig

May 13, 2002 05:35 AM Forum: Coronado-Lunt-DayStar Solar Filters

Coronado AS1-90 and Solarmax 40

Posted By Mark Keitel

Here is how we were observing some spectacular Solar activity this past week at Chiefland Star Party. We we amazed at how spectacular the little Solarmax 40 did even compared to the AS1-90. The wait for the Coronado filter is well worth it.