My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Jacques Duvoisin

December 15, 2002 08:47 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Stellarvue diagonals

Posted By Jacques Duvoisin

Does anyone have any information about the 2" diagonal Sellarvue is offering with their wide angle kit? I am currently using a Stellarvue 80mm f/9.4 scope with a 1.25" diagonal and am considering the larger diagonal. I'm pretty confident that the diagonal they are offering is going to be okay, but I'm wondering if it is worth getting a more expensive one from Televue.

Jacques Duvoisin

January 3, 2003 11:11 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

parks newtonians

Does anyone know anything about Parks reflectors? I was looking through their Precision 8" f/6 the other day and it seemed pretty good, but a little pricey.

June 13, 2003 06:42 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

alt-az mount

I'm looking for a good, inexpensive alt-az mount with a slewing motor to mount on a light tripod. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have looked at the model from Hutech, and it looks promising, but I don't know what sort of long term durability to expect from it.

Jacques

February 1, 2006 08:24 AM Forum: TeleVue

Tele-Pod Mount Upgrade

Hi, Aaron.

I have a tv-76 on a Bogen 3233, which is only a little heavier than the original telepod legs, but a bit more stable, with a folding center spreader and an adjustable center column. It may not be quite as stable as the 3046 or the 475, but it has served me well. I still have the telepod legs--they may come in handy someday.

BTW, it's a rule of mine never to part with any tripods or mounts. Scopes and ep's come and go, but a good mount or tripod is another story. You just never know when you'll want one of them for something. Years ago I sold a stellarvue GEM and regretted it ever since. It's also surprising how one's decisions about scopes can be influenced by the mounts. If you have a few spares, you just feel freer to take a chance on all sorts of other stuff.

Jacques Duvoisin