Posts Made By: Kent Kramer

March 24, 2005 01:46 AM Forum: After Dark

Re: More Schiavo

Posted By Kent Kramer

I truly do not mean to offend anyone but did Herb shut down Politics and Religion.

Kent

March 25, 2005 01:37 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

April 8, 2005 04:10 AM Forum: Solar System Observing

Jupiter and 5 moons

Posted By Kent Kramer

Well the viewing tonight in Minnesota is/was possibly the best I have seen in 2 years. Steady skies, very transparent and dark. With my Mewlon 180 and a UO Ortho 12.5 and 25 I was able to see considerable detail in the banding on the planet. The 4 large moons were tight to the planet. Using the 25 a 5th moon was revealed about 2/3rds. of the way across the field of view. Did anyone else see this as well?

Kent

April 8, 2005 09:57 PM Forum: Wildlife Photography

signs of spring - Minnesota

Posted By Kent Kramer

My Magnolia was peeking yesterday. She decided to come out today. Not too many are hardy enough for Minnesota but this one is doing well.

April 18, 2005 10:59 PM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

Regrets - She's back again...

Posted By Kent Kramer

Regrets I've had a few...

I purchased the MT130 OTA new in 2003. Unfortunately and regretfully I sold her later the same year. I knew it was a mistake at the time but I just had to try a Mewlon. Well a little over another year has gone by and there she is up for sale again on Astromart. She was in new condition when I sold her and she still is. She acquired a Space Boy and a 7X50 finder along the way. I understand that the Space Boy is one of the last to be sold retail in the US. Everything is in remarkable condition and the viewing looks good for tonight. I can't remember being so excited.

Now I have two little Tak's. The Mewlon 180 for the planets and narrow field deep sky and the MT130 for wide field.

Thrilled in Minnesota,

Kent

April 30, 2005 02:44 AM Forum: After Dark

What's that?

Posted By Kent Kramer

Observing Jupiter this evening at approximately 9:35 Central time I saw two bright objects one trailing the other swiftly across the sky from the South Southwest moving East Northeast below Jupiter. What did I see?

Kent

July 28, 2005 01:13 AM Forum: Pet Pics

ozzie and tonka

Posted By Kent Kramer

my french bulldogs

August 13, 2005 09:49 PM Forum: Landscape Photography

Dusk in Duck NC

Posted By Kent Kramer

12 days and nights on the outer banks. The sky was fantastic. Great Perseid viewing.

Kent

September 13, 2005 02:27 AM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

Re: collimation

Posted By Kent Kramer

Hi Mark,

Try http://legault.club.fr/index.html scroll down on the left hand navigation and click on collimation. I hope that helps.

Kent

September 14, 2005 05:10 PM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

Re: A SPECIAL THANKS

Posted By Kent Kramer

Well shoot I thought I was the friendly and helpful Astromarter on your collimation issue...! You know I must say that one of the aspects of this hobby that I have found enjoyable is great service and support from so many of the dealers, atmers, manufacturers and astromart members who have helped me over the last few years to better understand and enjoy the products. Including Anacortes and Astromart. I am glad to hear of your experience with NMA.

Kent