My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Kent Kramer

January 25, 2007 07:27 PM Forum: Zeiss

Air Bubbles is Zeiss Optics

Posted By Kent Kramer

I am not sure we need all the resolution you gave us with the images you posted. I resized them so folks could see what was going on with your scope.

January 28, 2007 01:37 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Question about transaction

Posted By Kent Kramer

I would consider it sold. You are no longer obligated to take it back. I took a look at your transactions. Are you referring to Bob Hill of Santa Fe? If so he is already a blue ATM dealer.

January 28, 2007 06:30 PM Forum: Reflectors

Vixen 135R Newt

Posted By Kent Kramer

I have that scope set up as a dob. Very nicely constructed tube. The sliding focuser works very smooth and seems precise in every way. I believe they have been around a while using that design. I would not expect any issues. Kent

November 30, 2004 02:49 PM Forum: Polls

I ......

Posted By Kent Kramer

As I have stated elsewhere I am happy to pay $12 per year to participate. I advocate a fair and equitable Astromart for all. I am currently an Orange Featured Ad supporter and proud of it. I have been for some time.

Out of fairness I want to say that I for one am extremely disappointed with all of the users especially the Top Users who post numerous ads without so much as an Orange Featured Ad support level. Look at the names with disgust - http://www.astromart.com/users/topusers.asp. (or click on the Top Users List link on the left navigation) Charging everyone a fee is fair to all until you factor in these users who will likely still take advantage of the system. Orange should be the minimum. Once you use your 5 ads ante up again.

I say pay for use or there will continue to be abuse.

Kent Kramer

November 30, 2004 11:28 AM Forum: Polls

I ......

Posted By Kent Kramer

I agree it does seem like a good value. I voted to spend my money and will if it happens.

What will be interesting to see though is how the potential competition responds to the "willingness" of our group to spend the money to subscribe. Perhaps the big boys such as MSN, Earthlink, Yahoo, Google or heaven forbid eBay will take a look at restructuring some of the things they offer and how they charge for them. You might even see two or more of them team up to compete. They have deeper pockets and could see the business model Astromart is based upon as applicable to other interests and hobbies. I don't know how many members Astromart has but I would guess 250,000 on the low end. At $12 per subscriber that generates $3,000,000 annually. Someone else is going to want a piece of the pie. Hang on tight were in for a ride.

Kent Kramer

September 12, 2005 04:27 PM Forum: Polls

ATWB buying and selling used on AstroMart

Posted By Kent Kramer

I fail to see what the problem is with Astromart/Anacortes selling or buying. An offer to sell is made with no advantage to the house. Once it hits the Classifieds it is available to all for purchase. If Astromart/Anacortes offers to sell something used I feel we all benefit. They know what they are selling and will be reliable with the description and the offer. Who knows maybe Herb will start taking special used things in on trade. Could be interesting.

As far as snatching things up. Let's be honest, who hasn't whiled away the hours hitting refresh in an attempt to find the deal of a lifetime.

Kent

September 12, 2005 06:15 PM Forum: Polls

Posted By Kent Kramer

Hey guys,

How did we get from "ATWB buying and selling used on AstroMart" to lets all pay?

Kent

September 12, 2005 06:51 PM Forum: Polls

Posted By Kent Kramer

Somehow this seems appropriate - http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/piehole

Kent

September 13, 2005 10:00 AM Forum: Polls

Posted By Kent Kramer

You are so right Randy! I have been looking for any excuse to share that url for months. It seemed like it was an acceptable response to Broooose's diatribe. Sorry.

Kent

November 4, 2005 01:57 PM Forum: Polls

Allow HOTMAIL and YAHOO on AstroMart

Posted By Kent Kramer

I believe this approach offers as much or more security than what we have always had. The address verification is essentially the same approach as being "verified" at PayPal. The additional step of paying the fee provides further proof of identity while raising some revenue for our host. I have no problem with the approach - great idea.

As an aside - would it be feasible to somehow identify these free mail users to allow us the opportunity to approach any transactions with these folks with a bit more diligence than we have perhaps done in the past with our current membership? That step may go even further in dispelling any lingering anxiety in the membership.

Kent