Posts Made By: Kevin Brennan

June 5, 2011 11:49 PM Forum: Deep Sky Observing

M51 Supernova

Posted By Kevin Brennan

I was able to see the SN last nite in my C11 under mag 5.5 skies, although they are bit better towards the north where this was.

Kevin

September 9, 2011 12:51 AM Forum: Digital SLR AstroPhotography

Jupiter with Nikon D70

Posted By Kevin Brennan

Wow, great image Steve. I've thought of doing this at times rather than my web cam because I thought the D70 had a far better chip.

If may ask, how do you use registax for a series of JPGs? I thought registax would only process avi's?

Kevin

June 2, 2012 02:08 PM Forum: Astro-Physics

Saturn last night

Posted By Kevin Brennan

Stunning image !

I got a "similar" visual impression in my 140 a few nights before this, and I was thinking at the time, I wish I had a 175 to look through !

I assume your selection of frames was from a shorter period? Just curious how many frames and how much ram it took for registax to load the raw stack. i thought there were some limitations there.

Thanks,

June 6, 2012 05:55 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Venus Tranist 2nd Contact Lake Erie

Posted By Kevin Brennan

Just before sunset, when it was hitting clouds. We were hoping to get it all the way into water. This one shot through ED70 as my larger mount was set up with a tree just in path.

It reminded me of Jupiter.

June 16, 2012 08:22 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Sunspots & Granulation

Posted By Kevin Brennan

Wow ! stunning image.

Kevin

June 23, 2012 03:53 AM Forum: Astro-Physics

The deep blue sea

Posted By Kevin Brennan

8O

You were right on with that one! Glad to see he found some decent seeing. I was wondering what he was encountering when I was having good seeing in his backyard. Ironic as I found the best seeing I had ever had also. The seeing along the lake is much nicer than what I have in the mountains of ny.

Kevin

July 2, 2012 02:01 AM Forum: Astro-Physics

M8 from my observatory..

Posted By Kevin Brennan

Very impressive tracking and such for an unguided image.

August 19, 2012 07:27 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

astromart changes

Posted By Kevin Brennan

Heck, I don't even see how you are supposed to "renew" a membership/subscription. Does anyone know. I go to my account, and I see monthly, quarterly support buttons. I have done this in the past but want an annual subscription.

Kevin

October 11, 2006 10:20 PM Forum: Polls

The biggest threat to world peace

Posted By Kevin Brennan

Astromart!! This crap doesn't even belong on the front page of astromart, and I am frankly surprised the supposedly smart people in hear are really that brain dead.

Kevin Brennan